Translation of acid in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (Chemistry)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (LSD) [slang]
- It can withstand high temperatures and is resistant to many corrosive substances such as acids and alkalis.
- Zinc is a fairly active metal that dissolves in both acids and strong alkalis.
- Copper is a moderately reactive metal that dissolves in most acids and alkalis.
- He has used mescaline, cocaine and acid, although he has not indulged in intravenous drugs.
- He looked around more, seeing many different things that he would never expect: cocaine, meth and acid.
- That heroin and acid were and are illegal didn't seem to stop him.
- 1.1 (Chemistry)Example sentences1.2 (sour, bitter)
- In the case of acid soils, burning decreases acidity, which starts to increase again during the planting period.
- Boxwood prefer slightly acid to slightly alkaline soil and do very well when planted in early fall.
- It used to be that, if you had a very acid soil, the hydrangeas would be bluer; more alkaline soil, your hydrangeas would be pinker.
Example sentences1.3 (spiteful) 1.4acid green
- Sour and acid tastes are liked, and are manifest in the use of lime juice, tamarind, etc.
- On the visit to the GP I saw a locum who said I must sit about for the next week, not use the computer, and keep off acid fruits.
- You can't eat it fresh because it's so acid, but often these highly acid fruits have the best flavour, and it makes the most wonderful fruit drinks, sorbets, ice creams and other things.
verde (masculine) amarillentoacid yellowamarillo (masculine) verdoso
- He has become more prominent since Henry took over in November 1999 and adds the sugar to the coach's acid remarks when things are not going well.
- Ignoring her acid tone, he mumbled, ‘You're very snappy this afternoon.’
- ‘Please leave, I do not wish to speak to you,’ she said in quietly acid tones that immediately raised his concern.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.