Translation of acknowledgment in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1.1 (recognition) you've been quoted without acknowledgmentte han citado sin la correspondiente mencióndoes he appear in the acknowledgments?¿aparece en la lista de menciones?Example sentences1.2 (confirmation, response) I've had no acknowledgment of my letter
no han acusado recibo de mi cartashe gave a quick smile of acknowledgmentme saludó con una breve sonrisaExample sentences
- Wallin, who has already received four honorary degrees and several awards and honours in acknowledgment of her work, will address graduates in applied health sciences and arts.
- Now, not only are you doing most of the work, you are not entitled to any acknowledgement, never mind gratitude, for doing it at all.
- Instead of trophies going to the winning teams, all dance groups were presented with framed certificates in acknowledgment of, and in thanks for, their participation.
- Even a passive observer would nod in acknowledgement.
- He was smiling in acknowledgement as their eyes met.
- We both nodded in acknowledgement and then I took a seat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.