Translation of acknowledgment in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1.1 (recognition) you've been quoted without acknowledgmentdoes he appear in the acknowledgments?te han citado sin la correspondiente mención¿aparece en la lista de menciones?Example sentences1.2 (confirmation, response) See examples: I've had no acknowledgment of my letter
she gave a quick smile of acknowledgmentno han acusado recibo de mi cartame saludó con una breve sonrisaExample sentences
- Wallin, who has already received four honorary degrees and several awards and honours in acknowledgment of her work, will address graduates in applied health sciences and arts.
- Now, not only are you doing most of the work, you are not entitled to any acknowledgement, never mind gratitude, for doing it at all.
- Instead of trophies going to the winning teams, all dance groups were presented with framed certificates in acknowledgment of, and in thanks for, their participation.
- Even a passive observer would nod in acknowledgement.
- He was smiling in acknowledgement as their eyes met.
- We both nodded in acknowledgement and then I took a seat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.