Translation of acknowledgment in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1.1 (recognition) you've been quoted without acknowledgmentdoes he appear in the acknowledgments?te han citado sin la correspondiente mención¿aparece en la lista de menciones?Example sentences1.2 (confirmation, response) See examples: I've had no acknowledgment of my letter
she gave a quick smile of acknowledgmentno han acusado recibo de mi cartame saludó con una breve sonrisaExample sentences
- Wallin, who has already received four honorary degrees and several awards and honours in acknowledgment of her work, will address graduates in applied health sciences and arts.
- Now, not only are you doing most of the work, you are not entitled to any acknowledgement, never mind gratitude, for doing it at all.
- Instead of trophies going to the winning teams, all dance groups were presented with framed certificates in acknowledgment of, and in thanks for, their participation.
- Even a passive observer would nod in acknowledgement.
- He was smiling in acknowledgement as their eyes met.
- We both nodded in acknowledgement and then I took a seat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.