Translation of activity in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1.1 countable or uncountable (work, doings) the activities of drug dealersit's not an activity I enjoylas actividades de los narcotraficantesno es algo que me guste hacerExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable (action, movement)
- A study in chimpanzees showed lower levels of sexual activity when the females were given oral contraceptives.
- A second, functional level of military activity responded to shifts in the conduct of operations.
- In contrast, growth of business activity across the UK private sector as a whole picked up slightly to a strong pace.
(noisy)diplomatic/military activitya bit less chatter and more activity in that corner!actividad diplomática/militar1.3 countable (recreational) leisure activities¡los de ese rincón, menos charla y más trabajo!(before noun) activity holiday (British English)pasatiempos (masculine plural)(vacaciones con actividades programadas)Example sentences
- The post office was always a hive of activity with people bustling about.
- After breakfast, the house is bustling with activity and movement.
- The locality has been a hive of activity in recent weeks.
- He said the club's social activities have ranged from football to having its own choral society.
- Most contracts will exclude any hazardous water sports or adventurous activities.
- He encouraged the men to get involved in sporting activities, and football soon became a favourite.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.