Translation of activity in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1.1 countable or uncountable (work, doings) the activities of drug dealerslas actividades de los narcotraficantesit's not an activity I enjoyno es algo que me guste hacerExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable (action, movement)
- A study in chimpanzees showed lower levels of sexual activity when the females were given oral contraceptives.
- A second, functional level of military activity responded to shifts in the conduct of operations.
- In contrast, growth of business activity across the UK private sector as a whole picked up slightly to a strong pace.
- The post office was always a hive of activity with people bustling about.
- After breakfast, the house is bustling with activity and movement.
- The locality has been a hive of activity in recent weeks.
bullicio (masculine)actividad diplomática/militara bit less chatter and more activity in that corner!¡los de ese rincón, menos charla y más trabajo!1.3 countable (recreational) leisure activitiespasatiempos (masculine plural)(before noun) activity holiday (British English)(vacaciones con actividades programadas)Example sentences
- He said the club's social activities have ranged from football to having its own choral society.
- Most contracts will exclude any hazardous water sports or adventurous activities.
- He encouraged the men to get involved in sporting activities, and football soon became a favourite.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.