Translation of addition in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable [Mathematics/Matemáticas] suma (feminine), adición (feminine) [formal] to learn addition and subtraction aprender a sumar y restarExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (adding) adición (feminine) she recommends the addition of brandy recomienda que se le añada or que se le agregue brandy
- That is addition, multiplication and the two inverse operations of subtraction and division.
- Yet addition and also subtraction are only an extension of counting.
- The Count Hoot section of the site helps with addition and subtraction as well.
Example sentences1.3 (in phrases/en locuciones) in addition además in addition to además de in addition to our previous order además de nuestro pedido anterior
- This suggests that Component 3 is not a vector addition but could be a single component.
- Superimposing the two logical operations we can define binary addition.
- We were reviewing vector addition this evening at a study session.
- A wakeboard is similar in shape to a snowboard, with the addition of two small fins on the underside.
- With the addition of a few commas and the striking out of the one paragraph, the deal already on the table will finally go through.
- The colour range favours warm and tropical colours, with the addition of blue and sea green.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 (extra thing) these rooms are later additions estas habitaciones se construyeron después a useful addition to your toolkit un práctico complemento para su caja de herramientas the latest additions to our library las últimas adquisiciones de nuestra biblioteca 2.2 countable/numerable (extra person) she is a valuable addition to our team su incorporación a nuestro equipo es muy valiosa we're expecting an addition to the family dentro de poco aumentará la familia
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Browse other language resources
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...