Translation of advertise in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 [product] anunciar, hacerle* publicidad or propaganda a, hacerle* réclame (Latin America/América Latina) or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) reclame a I saw it advertised on TV/in a magazine lo vi anunciado en la tele/en una revista I advertised my piano puse un anuncio or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) aviso para vender el piano the job was advertised in yesterday's paper el trabajo salió anunciado or el anuncio del trabajo apareció en el diario de ayerExample sentences
- The event was advertised as family friendly with many workshops for both beginner and advanced practitioner.
- Although the service was advertised as being ‘free’ it was being charged at 38p per minute.
- You are required to advertise your product or service and the terms of the sale honestly and accurately.
- 2 [intentions] anunciar, revelar there's no need to advertise your stupidity no hace falta que vayas pregonando por ahí lo tonto que eresExample sentences
- We have installed additional signs on the road and done everything possible to advertise the fact that the speed limit has been reduced.
- You are passionate and adventurous, however, you do not go around advertising these qualities.
- No one bothered advertising the fact that, in order to live, I need to keep breathing.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the