- (British) → eonExample sentences
- It is ages and aeons since I have been to the Hills.
- I'll spend aeons staring at bottles of expensive shampoo humming ‘Maybe this time’.
- Just after that, she started going out with a mutual friend of ours, who I'd dated aeons ago and was still friendly with.
- The record has been much deformed, reconstituted, and obliterated during the subsequent Proterozoic and Phanerozoic eons.
- The rocks dated back into the Archean eon, before 2.5 billion years ago.
- These creatures were direct descendants of the great dinosaurs of the long past Mesozoic Aeon.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.