Translation of affirm in Spanish:
- 1 (assert)(commitment/innocence)yes, they will, he affirmed
declarar—sí, lo harán —aseveró or declaróa pilgrimage to affirm their faithuna peregrinación para manifestar públicamente su feExample sentences
- That the company's technology deficit should be so publicly acknowledged affirms that it longs to catch up: it doesn't usually publicize tactical withdrawals until long after the fact.
- It was a beautiful ritual that allowed me to publicly affirm the vows that I had sworn so many years before.
- In this way, he publicly affirmed his restored links with the left-wing, experts said.
- As part of the message, he affirmed the team's support for the struggle of the tribal people for dignity, respect and liberty.
- While Legault affirmed his support for the 67-year-old leader, he said he could change his mind at a later date.
- Willinsky notes that citations are often used for one's own purposes, to support or affirm a particular idea.
- 2 (confirm, ratify) (Law)(judgment/contract)
- Judgment in favor of patentee respecting validity issues was affirmed on interlocutory appeal, in suit against the parent.
- This wide discretion of the chief constable to keep the peace was affirmed by the House of Lords.
- Three and one-half years later, the resulting Final Judgment affirms the validity of the original agreement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.