Translation of afloat in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (on water)a floteto stay afloatmantenerse a flotethe most powerful navy afloatla armada más poderosa del mundoExample sentences1.2 (successful, operational)
a flotehe managed to keep the business afloatlogró mantener el negocio a floteExample sentences
- As the badly injured seaman struggled to stay afloat in the freezing water - he was not wearing a lifejacket - crewmen from his ship threw lifebuoys.
- Knowing the risks is important and will likely keep you afloat regardless of the water conditions.
- In the process, he found it easy to keep himself afloat in the water for minutes together.
- But, when it came to our showing in the League, we could consider our seventh place to their fifth a great achievement in light of our difficulties merely keeping afloat.
- In the five years since the financial crisis struck, the country is still struggling to stay afloat as debt payment remains the biggest drag on its economy.
- It's only the willingness of the foreign central banks to buy our debt that keeps us afloat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.