Translation of age in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (of person, animal, thing) what age was she when she died?¿qué edad or cuántos años tenía cuando murió?what is the age of this house?¿de cuándo or de qué época es esta casa?the children's ages are three, four and six, respectivelylos niños tienen, respectivamente, tres, cuatro y seis añosat the age of 17a la edad de or a los 17 añosfrom an early agedesde pequeñodesde temprana edad [literary]at my agea mi edadat your/that age
con mis añosa tu/esa edadwhen you're my agecuando tengas mi edad or mis añosI have a son your agetengo un hijo de tu edadshe's going out with a man twice/half her agesale con un hombre que la dobla en edad or que le dobla la edad/que tiene la mitad de su edadhe is six years of agetiene seis años de edadfor children of all agespara niños de todas las edadesshe's not of an age to remember the warno tiene edad como para acordarse de la guerrathey're of an ageson de or tienen la misma edadto live to a ripe old agevivir muchos añoshe's starting to look his agese le están empezando a notar los añosto act o be one's ageit's time he acted his ageya es hora de que siente cabeza or de que empiece a actuar con madurezcome on, be your age¡vamos, no seas infantil!age limitlímite (masculine) de edadExample sentences
- Enthusiastic young people between the ages of 12 and 18 are invited to apply for the classes which take place on a two hour basis on Saturdays.
- The club aims to provide entertainment for teenagers between the ages of 15 to 18 years in a fun and supervised environment.
- On Tuesday next all children between the ages of 6 and 9 are invited to come along and take part.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (maturity) to be of ageser mayor de edadto come of agellegar a la mayoría de edadto be under age 2.2 uncountable (old age) the wisdom of agela sabiduría que dan los años
- 3 countable 3.1 (epoch, period) the Elizabethan/atomic agela era isabelina/atómicadown o through the agesa través de los tiemposExample sentences
Example sentences3.2 (long time) [colloquial]I've been waiting ages o an age
- Human history can be divided into two distinct ages - the geocentric and the heliocentric.
- We face the Brown era in fiction and a dark age for popular history.
- So what we see is not a story of the past, but today's stories set against the previous age or period.
llevo siglos or un siglo esperando [colloquial]I haven't seen her for ageshace siglos que no la veo [colloquial]Example sentences
- However, there seems to be a marked age gap between the Cretaceous ages and onset of rifting in the Eocene.
- It happened 252 million years ago, at the boundary of the Permian and Triassic geological ages.
- However, a range of volcanic ages from Lower Cambrian to Early Devonian is suggested on biostratrigraphic grounds.
- Some of the stage crew at Stratford who've been there for ages have said how my voice is just like my father's.
- You wait ages for a television drama about what it's like to be fortysomething - wait until you're halfway through your 40s, in fact - and then four come along at once.
- The French Connection hasn't been on television for ages.
intransitive verb present participle aging or ageing past participle agedPronunciation: /eɪdʒd/
envejecer(cheese)he had aged terribly
madurarhabía envejecido muchothis wine ages well
estaba muy avejentadoeste vino se conserva muy bienExample sentences
- She's a young woman and I didn't want to get her something that would age her, so I went with the single pearl.
- I wished that I had aged the paper first by soaking in tea, as I usually do.
- Movie magic had aged the paint and metal to make it look antique.
- While this may sound rather unpleasant, it is the tannin which provides the structure of red wines and allows them to age and mature.
- The culturing process continues as the mild cheddar is allowed to age for about two months.
- We bought six bottles then and they have been aging nicely and drinking excellently now.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.