Translation of agreement in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (shared opinion) we need agreement on the matterto be in agreement (with somebody)tenemos que ponernos de acuerdo or que llegar a un acuerdo sobre el asuntoshe nodded in agreement to reach agreementestar de acuerdo (con alguien)llegar a un acuerdoExample sentences1.2 countable (written arrangement)
(Business)to come to o reach an agreement (with somebody)to have an agreement (with somebody)llegar a un acuerdo (con alguien)to enter into an agreementtener un acuerdo (con alguien)to sign an agreementaceptar los términos de un acuerdoto break/honor an agreementfirmar un acuerdoagreement to +romper/respetar un acuerdo
- I'm in agreement that the divorce rate is exceptionally high and mostly avoidable.
- We're all thoroughly in agreement that these first-past-the-post elections are a bad thing.
- The meeting was in agreement that action has to be taken to end the monopoly.
infinitivethere's an unspoken agreement between them not to apply for the same jobthe union will honor the agreement not to strikeexiste un acuerdo tácito entre ellos de no solicitar el mismo trabajoel sindicato respetará el compromiso de no recurrir a la huelgaExample sentences
- She contends that such agreements were final and binding on the parties.
- In effect, they are hiring the union to act as agent in the negotiation of agreements.
- He did not have to enter into the agreements for leases if he did not want to.
- 2 uncountable (consent) to obtain somebody's agreement (to something)obtener el consentimiento de alguien (para algo)
- 3 uncountable 3.1 (harmony, concord) See examples: to be in agreement (with something)3.2 (Linguistics)concordar or estar en concordancia (con algo)Example sentences
- The chapter concludes with a discussion of agreement markers triggered by inflection classes.
- There is some evidence that the possibility of dropping expletive subjects is linked to agreement.
- Many current treatments of agreement assume that a noun phrase like "John" or "the book" has a single set of agreement (person, number, gender) features.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.