- 1 1.1 u (shared opinion) acuerdo (m) we need agreement on the matter tenemos que ponernos de acuerdo or que llegar a un acuerdo sobre el asunto to be in agreement (with sb) estar* de acuerdo (con algn) she nodded in agreement asintió con la cabeza to reach agreement llegar* a un acuerdoMore example sentences1.2 c (written arrangement) acuerdo (m); [Busn] contrato (m); [Lab Rel] convenio (m), acuerdo (m); (oral arrangement) acuerdo (m), arreglo (m) to come to o reach an agreement (with sb) llegar* a un acuerdo (con algn) to have an agreement (with sb) tener* un acuerdo (con algn) to enter into an agreement aceptar los términos de un acuerdo to sign an agreement firmar un acuerdo to break/honor an agreement romper*/respetar un acuerdoagreement to +
- I'm in agreement that the divorce rate is exceptionally high and mostly avoidable.
- We're all thoroughly in agreement that these first-past-the-post elections are a bad thing.
- The meeting was in agreement that action has to be taken to end the monopoly.
infthere's an unspoken agreement between them not to apply for the same job existe un acuerdo tácito entre ellos de no solicitar el mismo trabajo the union will honor the agreement not to strike el sindicato respetará el compromiso de no recurrir a la huelgaMore example sentences
- She contends that such agreements were final and binding on the parties.
- In effect, they are hiring the union to act as agent in the negotiation of agreements.
- He did not have to enter into the agreements for leases if he did not want to.
- 2 u (consent) consentimiento (m) to obtain sb's agreement (to sth) obtener* el consentimiento de algn (para algo)
- 3 u 3.1 (harmony, concord) to be in agreement (with sth) concordar* or estar* en concordancia (con algo) 3.2 [Ling] concordancia (f)More example sentences
- The chapter concludes with a discussion of agreement markers triggered by inflection classes.
- There is some evidence that the possibility of dropping expletive subjects is linked to agreement.
- Many current treatments of agreement assume that a noun phrase like "John" or "the book" has a single set of agreement (person, number, gender) features.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.