- 1.1 uncountable (assistance, support) with the aid of something/somebodyto come/go to somebody's aidcon la ayuda de algo/alguiena man rushed to her aidvenir/ir en ayuda or [literary] auxilio de alguienun hombre corrió en su ayuda or a ayudarlaExample sentences1.2 uncountable (monetary) a concert in aid of the victims
what's all this in aid of? (British English) [colloquial]un concierto a beneficio de los damnificados¿a qué viene todo esto? [colloquial](before noun) (project/budget)de ayuda or asistenciaExample sentences1.3 countable (apparatus, tool) See examples: it can be used as an aid to learning
- SIR - I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to the young couple who came to my aid on Friday evening when I was stranded in my car in a flood near Carleton.
- Two passers-by came to his aid and helped to find the cause of his injury.
- It is likely the victim was the only person in the carriage because no-one came to his aid or offered him help when the attack was over.
aids for the handicappedpuede usarse para facilitar el aprendizajeteaching aids visual aidsartículos (masculine plural) para minusválidos1.4 countable (assistant)soporte (masculine) (de material) visual(American English)asistente, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)
- It specializes in bringing food and other material aid to war-torn areas.
- They also gave food and material aid to as many as 10,269 people to help reconstruct destroyed homes.
- Eventually, they turned to their church and asked for some financial aid to buy food and basics and got it.
- to aid one anotheraided by the latest equipmentayudarse or prestarse ayuda mutuamenterest and a healthy diet will aid a rapid recoverycon la ayuda del equipo más modernothe government aids other countries with moneyel descanso y una dieta sana contribuirán a su pronta mejoríato aid and abet somebody (Law)el gobierno presta (su) ayuda económica a otros paísesaided and abetted by his partnerinstigar or secundar a alguien(en la comisión de un delito)instigado y secundado por su socioExample sentences
- I am sorry for your loss, and hope that you have the emotional, physical and spiritual support you need to aid you and your new baby to a happier outcome.
- May you and your husband have luck quitting smoking; make use of the myriad of support networks available to aid you in the battle to quit.
- This they easily achieved as they were aided by popular support.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.