- 1 uncountable (assistance, support) with the aid of something/somebodycon la ayuda de algo/alguiento come/go to somebody's aidvenir/ir en ayuda de alguienvenir/ir en auxilio de alguien [literary]a man rushed to her aidun hombre corrió en su ayuda or a ayudarlaExample sentences
- SIR - I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to the young couple who came to my aid on Friday evening when I was stranded in my car in a flood near Carleton.
- Two passers-by came to his aid and helped to find the cause of his injury.
- It is likely the victim was the only person in the carriage because no-one came to his aid or offered him help when the attack was over.
- It specializes in bringing food and other material aid to war-torn areas.
- They also gave food and material aid to as many as 10,269 people to help reconstruct destroyed homes.
- Eventually, they turned to their church and asked for some financial aid to buy food and basics and got it.
- 3 countable (apparatus, tool) it can be used as an aid to learningpuede usarse para facilitar el aprendizajeaids for the handicappedartículos (masculine plural) para minusválidosteaching aids visual aidssoporte (masculine) (de material) visual
- to aid one anotherayudarse or prestarse ayuda mutuamenteaided by the latest equipmentcon la ayuda del equipo más modernorest and a healthy diet will aid a rapid recoveryel descanso y una dieta sana contribuirán a su pronta mejoríathe government aids other countries with moneyel gobierno presta (su) ayuda económica a otros paísesto aid and abet somebody (Law)instigar or secundar a alguien (en la comisión de un delito)aided and abetted by his partnerinstigado y secundado por su socioExample sentences
- I am sorry for your loss, and hope that you have the emotional, physical and spiritual support you need to aid you and your new baby to a happier outcome.
- May you and your husband have luck quitting smoking; make use of the myriad of support networks available to aid you in the battle to quit.
- This they easily achieved as they were aided by popular support.