- 1.1 u (assistance, support) ayuda (f) with the aid of sth/sb con la ayuda de algo/algn to come/go to sb's aid venir*/ir* en ayuda or [literario/literary] auxilio de algn a man rushed to her aid un hombre corrió en su ayuda or a ayudarlaMore example sentences1.2 u (monetary) ayuda (f), asistencia (f) foreign aid ayuda or asistencia económica al exterior, ayuda externa a concert in aid of the victims un concierto a beneficio de los damnificados what's all this in aid of? (BrE) [colloquial/familiar] ¿a qué viene todo esto? [familiar/colloquial] (before n) [project/budget] de ayuda or asistencia
More example sentences1.3 c (apparatus, tool) it can be used as an aid to learning puede usarse para facilitar el aprendizaje aids for the handicapped artículos (mpl) para minusválidos teaching aids material (m) didáctico visual aids soporte (m) (de material) visual 1.4 c (assistant) (AmE) asistente, -ta (m,f)
- SIR - I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to the young couple who came to my aid on Friday evening when I was stranded in my car in a flood near Carleton.
- Two passers-by came to his aid and helped to find the cause of his injury.
- It is likely the victim was the only person in the carriage because no-one came to his aid or offered him help when the attack was over.
- It specializes in bringing food and other material aid to war-torn areas.
- They also gave food and material aid to as many as 10,269 people to help reconstruct destroyed homes.
- Eventually, they turned to their church and asked for some financial aid to buy food and basics and got it.
Each of the 55 different administrative areas into which Spain is divided is called a provincia. Each provincia includes a main city or town, sometimes more, depending on its social and economic power. The provincial capital usually has the same name as the province.
- ayudar to aid one another ayudarse or prestarse ayuda mutuamente aided by the latest equipment con la ayuda del equipo más moderno rest and a healthy diet will aid a rapid recovery el descanso y una dieta sana contribuirán a su pronta mejoría the government aids other countries with money el gobierno presta (su) ayuda económica a otros países to aid and abet sb [Law] instigar* or secundar a algn (en la comisión de un delito) aided and abetted by his partner instigado y secundado por su socioMore example sentences
- I am sorry for your loss, and hope that you have the emotional, physical and spiritual support you need to aid you and your new baby to a happier outcome.
- May you and your husband have luck quitting smoking; make use of the myriad of support networks available to aid you in the battle to quit.
- This they easily achieved as they were aided by popular support.