- 1to give something an airingairear or orear algo(room)
ventilar or airear algoExample sentences
- Apparently, the covenants of our homeowners association forbid the airing of laundry outside.
- Vacuum curtains once in a while and give the sheets an airing as often as you can.
- When the sun shone we liked to give our blankets a good airing.
- 2 (public exposure) the issue received its first airing recentlyel problema se ventiló por primera vez hace pocoExample sentences
- There's strength in the diversity of warning systems, if only because it allows the airing of dissenting opinions on whether a particular threat is serious.
- Though all the cheering may have muffled a public airing of hard questions, insiders knew them all too well: Can golf really work in the inner city?
- Thanks to a variety of industry sources, we can give several of these projects a public airing for the first time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.