- 1.1 (drink) alcohol (masculine)More example sentences1.2 [Chemistry/Química] alcohol (masculine)
More example sentences
- He said that among the tenets of the Muslim faith were that one did not drink alcohol or serve it to guests.
- If he could have stopped at one or two drinks, alcohol would have served him well, but he couldn't do that.
- If you are using alcohol, vodka is the most appropriate as it has no scent of its own.
- Complete combustion of alcohols produces carbon dioxide and water.
- Thermatoga microorganisms are known to play a role in the anaerobic oxidation of hydrocarbons to alcohols, organic acids and carbon dioxide.
- On the other hand, the permeability of the membrane for small uncharged solutes such as low molecular weight alcohols, amides, ketones etc., did not change.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.