Translation of alibi in Spanish:
- [Law/Derecho] coartada (feminine); (excuse) excusa (feminine), pretexto (masculine)Example sentences
- Mr Lydon claims he has an alibi to disprove Mr Dunlop's allegations as he was a guest speaker at a conference hosted by the IACT.
- One of the players against whom an allegation was made, an England international, is understood to be claiming he has an alibi.
- What is the evidence that established that, other than the evidence of the alibi, ultimately said to be false?
- Note that there were the usual raft of excuses and alibis following the failures.
- Excuses, alibis and wild cover-up stories chased each other around Harry's brain, each more feeble than the last.
- We love to make excuses and believe alibis, however unlikely.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Zarzuela is a musical drama consisting of alternating passages of dialogue, songs, choruses, and dancing, that originated in Spain in the seventeenth century. Its name comes from the Zarzuela palace, Madrid. It is also popular in Latin America.