Translation of alive in Spanish:
- 1 (living) is he still alive?¿todavía vive or está vivo?there are people still alive in the rubbletodavía hay gente con vida entre los escombrosto stay alive it's good/great to be alive!¡qué bueno/maravilloso es vivir!the richest man alive todayel hombre más rico del mundo hoy en díano man/woman alive would deny thatningún ser viviente lo negaríato bury/burn somebody aliveenterrar/quemar vivo a alguienI was eaten alive by mosquitoeslos mosquitos me comieron vivaalive and kicking [colloquial] they were relieved to learn that she was alive and wellse enteraron con alivio de que estaba sana y salvaalive and well and living in …sigue perfectamente viviendo en …Example sentences
- It would make no difference to Frank whether the creature was alive or dead.
- Most of us would accept that the cat is either alive or dead at a given time.
- I like to be reminded of the spring miracle, especially in the depth of winter, when the vibrantly alive trees look so dead.
- 2 (animated) the party came alive when they arrivedla fiesta se animó cuando llegaron ellosthe play comes alive in her handsla obra cobra vida en sus manosto be alive with somethingthe place is alive with insectsel lugar está plagado de insectosthe town was alive with rumorsel pueblo era un hervidero de rumores
- 3 (active, in existence) that myth is still aliveese mito tiene aún vigenciato keep something alivemantener vivo algo
- 4 (aware)to be alive
ser or (Chile) (Mexico) estar consciente
- In foreign affairs we have pursued our national interest robustly while remaining alive to the needs and interests of others.
- The respondent must have been alive to the possibility that a cyclist could come along.
- He was socially conscious in every sense, alive to the possibilities of celebrating what he found.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.