Translation of allied in Spanish:
- 1 (combined) (predicative) allied
withor tosomethingunido or sumadoinnate ability allied with diligence aalgola habilidad innata unida or sumada a la aplicaciónExample sentences
- He was allied with Clinton in the whole Monica Lewinsky controversy, a key Democrat in Washington.
- At all levels, cunning teachers allied with overbearing students.
- It was even more interesting now; the lentils had allied with the onions and were battling the celery.
- 2 2.1(nations/groups)allied
withor tosomebodyaliadotheir interests are closely allied to ours aor conalguiensus intereses están fuertemente ligados a los nuestrosExample sentences2.2
also: Allied(of the Allies)Example sentences
- On the one hand it is good for the manufacturing industry and other allied industries like advertising and marketing.
- In the 20th century, aircraft and motor vehicles came to the fore along with numerous allied industries.
- Unlike medicine and allied professions, psychotherapy has established itself primarily outside the state sector.
- In December 1943, Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower was named Supreme Allied Commander.
- The start of the Allied attack on Rommel was code-named ‘Operation Lightfoot’.
- In World War II they served as a major Allied base.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.