Translation of allowance in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (from employer) complemento (masculine), sobresueldo (masculine) entertainment allowance complemento para gastos de representaciónExample sentences1.2 (from state) prestación (feminine) invalidity/maternity allowance prestación por invalidez/maternidad 1.3 (private) asignación (feminine); (from parents) mensualidad (feminine), mesada (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina)
- It is likely that the IRS may find issues of concern in the area of taxable fringe benefits, particularly automobile allowances and relocation expenses.
- My husband gives me an allowance for my own expenses.
- Then figure out which items you will continue to be responsible for and which expenses you want the allowance to cover.
- Regardless of how much you give, it's a good idea to regularly disperse the allowance and increase the amount as the child gets older.
- Since back to school time is rapidly approaching, here are answers to the four most common questions we get from parents about allowances.
- For example, parents use allowances or dessert to encourage their children to make their beds or eat their dinners.
- 2 (free of tax) personal allowance[ monto que un individuo puede ganar sin pagar impuestos ] duty-free allowance[ mercancías que se pueden ingresar al país sin pagar impuestos ]Example sentences
- Everyone is entitled to a personal allowance - the amount you can earn before tax is due - from the day they are born.
- Duty free allowances are to increase from £140 per person to £1,000.
- Children all have their own personal allowances, which mean they can earn £4,385 a year before paying any tax.
- 3to make allowance(s) for sb/sth (treat leniently, take into account) you have to make allowances for him: he's very young tienes que ser indulgente con él, es muy joven he doesn't make allowance for mistakes no acepta ningún error we've made allowance(s) for delays hemos tenido en cuenta posibles retrasos
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.