- 1 (of high mountains) [pasture/flora] alpino, alpestre; [club/hut/skiing] alpinoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The hikers start in tropical rainforest territory and travel through moorlands, alpine meadows and glaciers on the summit.
- Plant communities thrive there, from ribbons of riparian plants to sagebrush fiats, lodgepole pine forests, subalpine meadows and alpine stone fields.
- They inhabit every terrestrial ecosystem on earth, from rainforest canopies to alpine mountains, from lakes and rivers to hot dry deserts.
- Events include snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and alpine downhill racing at the Sunshine Village, one of the most exclusive areas of Banff in the Canadian Rockies.
- The Alpine Trekker is simply a dummy ski-boot sole that you clip into your alpine ski binding.
- This was a hoot, since the exam was given on an alpine hill that I skied on with my long, skinny, wooden skis.
- 2(Alpine)de los Alpes, alpino
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.