Translation of ambition in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u (drive, desire) ambición (feminine) he seems to be totally lacking in ambition no parece nada ambicioso (showing disapproval) no parece tener aspiraciones de ningún tipo they have ambitions for their daughter aspiran a que su hija llegue lejosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (energy, vitality) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], energía (feminine)
- Land-hungry settlers viewed the royal government as an obstacle to their ambitions.
- Now, if I get some MP to sign a letter, it feels like I've achieved my life's ambition.
- All of this occurs amid speculation about her own presidential ambitions.
- Goneril and Regan, consumed by ambition, divide the kingdom in half.
- During the course of Citizen Kane, the hero marries two women and his ambition drives them away.
- In a book of such ambition, there will be much with which to quibble.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.