Translation of ambition in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable or uncountable (drive, desire) he seems to be totally lacking in ambitionno parece nada ambicioso(showing disapproval) no parece tener aspiraciones de ningún tipothey have ambitions for their daughteraspiran a que su hija llegue lejosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable (energy, vitality)
- Land-hungry settlers viewed the royal government as an obstacle to their ambitions.
- Now, if I get some MP to sign a letter, it feels like I've achieved my life's ambition.
- All of this occurs amid speculation about her own presidential ambitions.
(American English) [colloquial]
- Goneril and Regan, consumed by ambition, divide the kingdom in half.
- During the course of Citizen Kane, the hero marries two women and his ambition drives them away.
- In a book of such ambition, there will be much with which to quibble.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.