Translation of ambition in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable or uncountable (drive, desire) he seems to be totally lacking in ambitionno parece nada ambicioso(showing disapproval)they have ambitions for their daughterno parece tener aspiraciones de ningún tipoaspiran a que su hija llegue lejosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable (energy, vitality)
- Land-hungry settlers viewed the royal government as an obstacle to their ambitions.
- Now, if I get some MP to sign a letter, it feels like I've achieved my life's ambition.
- All of this occurs amid speculation about her own presidential ambitions.
(American English) [colloquial]
- Goneril and Regan, consumed by ambition, divide the kingdom in half.
- During the course of Citizen Kane, the hero marries two women and his ambition drives them away.
- In a book of such ambition, there will be much with which to quibble.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.