Translation of ambition in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (drive, desire) he seems to be totally lacking in ambitionno parece nada ambicioso(showing disapproval) no parece tener aspiraciones de ningún tipothey have ambitions for their daughteraspiran a que su hija llegue lejosExample sentences
- Land-hungry settlers viewed the royal government as an obstacle to their ambitions.
- Now, if I get some MP to sign a letter, it feels like I've achieved my life's ambition.
- All of this occurs amid speculation about her own presidential ambitions.
- Goneril and Regan, consumed by ambition, divide the kingdom in half.
- During the course of Citizen Kane, the hero marries two women and his ambition drives them away.
- In a book of such ambition, there will be much with which to quibble.
- 2 uncountable (energy, vitality)(American English) [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.