Translation of ambition in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u (drive, desire) ambición (feminine) he seems to be totally lacking in ambition no parece nada ambicioso (showing disapproval) no parece tener aspiraciones de ningún tipo they have ambitions for their daughter aspiran a que su hija llegue lejosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (energy, vitality) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], energía (feminine)
- Land-hungry settlers viewed the royal government as an obstacle to their ambitions.
- Now, if I get some MP to sign a letter, it feels like I've achieved my life's ambition.
- All of this occurs amid speculation about her own presidential ambitions.
- Goneril and Regan, consumed by ambition, divide the kingdom in half.
- During the course of Citizen Kane, the hero marries two women and his ambition drives them away.
- In a book of such ambition, there will be much with which to quibble.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to