Translation of ammonia in Spanish:
- (gas) amoníaco (masculine); (liquid) amoníaco (masculine) (líquido)Example sentences
- He isolated around twenty different airs, including hydrogen chloride, nitric oxide, and ammonia.
- In the Solvay process, carbon dioxide and ammonia are passed into a concentrated solution of sodium chloride.
- When ammonia is reacted with nitric acid, ammonium nitrate is produced.
- And I'll remember to stock up on ammonia to clean the eggs off my door the next day when I do
- Make a mixture of detergent and ammonia for cleaning the walls.
- The fluid smelt of ammonia and the victim was taken to hospital with stinging eyes after his attacker fled.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.