Translation of anchor in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Nautical) to be o lie o ride at anchorto cast o drop anchor to weigh anchor the ship was dragging its anchorestar anclado1.2 (mainstay, support) hope/faith was his anchorel buque estaba garrando or garreandola esperanza/fe fue su sostén or [literary] su áncora de salvación
- 1.1 1.2Example sentences
- Thus, for a quantitative characterization it seems reasonable to assume that vesicles are anchored at certain positions and can only move in a restricted space.
- Danny Dichio chipped in with two West Brom goals to keep County firmly anchored at the foot of the table.
- Gilkey was anchored securely to his position in the gully with two ice axes while the others moved to the other side of a rocky rib to set up a tent.
- At some point construction on the inside of the marina will begin and anchored yachts will be chased back outside.
- Personnel from HMAS Anzac set off to do a tour of Egypt while the ship is anchored near the entrance to the Suez Canal.
- A ship is anchored and ready to set sail for England on my command.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to