Translation of antecedent in Spanish:
- 1.1 (precursor, forerunner)antecedente (masculine)
precursor, (-sora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (Linguistics, Mathematics, Philos)
- It traces the historical antecedents to freed people's intense desire to become literate and demonstrates how the visions of enslaved African Americans emerged into plans and action once slavery ended.
- There are literary and historical antecedents to this book, too.
- Pundits have searched for literary antecedents to this creature.
- Plural pronouns with nominally singular antecedents like ‘everyone’ have been a major battlefield in the grammar wars.
- Because they are free of antecedents, such clauses are sometimes called independent or free relative clauses.
- He thinks the word ‘everyone’ is singular, so it can't be the antecedent of a third person plural pronoun like ‘they’ or ‘their’.
- Obedience to a hypothetical imperative is always obedience to the condition expressed in its antecedent.
- If the antecedent of a conditional is false, the statement is always true!
- ‘If lying is wrong, then he will lie,’ has an antecedent whose embedded content is the same as a statement predicating the property on which the speakers moral disapproval supervenes.
- events antecedent to the independence [formal]acontecimientos que antecedieron or precedieron a la independenciaExample sentences
- Hawthorne's text is studiously inscrutable about events antecedent to Hester's being branded adulteress.
- Behaviors are directed by the antecedent stimuli that preceded them and announce the availability of a positive or negative consequence.
- And much will depend, in this case, on all of the conditions antecedent to the initiation of combat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.