Translation of anxiety in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (distress, concern) preocupación (feminine), ansiedad (feminine) there is mounting anxiety for the safety of the hostages crece la preocupación en torno a la seguridad de los rehenesExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (problem, worry) preocupación (feminine) 1.3 uncountable/no numerable [Medicine/Medicina] [Psychology/Psicología] ansiedad (feminine), angustia (feminine)
Example sentences1.4 uncountable/no numerable (eagerness) ansias (feminine plural), afán (masculine) their anxiety to please sus ansias or su afán de agradar
- Our worries and anxieties evaporated in an instant, and within half an hour my wife, Jayne, was asking how we could buy one.
- The worries and anxieties of his years at Vétheuil seemed a distant memory.
- He appears to have resolved these anxieties by stressing the moral gulf between his characters and his own beliefs.
- They do not seem to know that depression and anxiety can cause eating disorders.
- As you learn to modify your compulsive behaviour, your anxiety levels should lessen.
- However, the fact that she suffers from anxiety and panic attacks is less certain of being admitted.
- Achievements since are the result of an anxiety to play it safe.
- The only cementing force was greed and the anxiety to cling on to power.
- Madame des Ursins confesses in her voluminous correspondence that she made herself a burden to the king in her anxiety to exclude him from all other influence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.