Translation of apparatus in Spanish:
noun plural apparatusuncountable or countable
- 1 (equipment) a piece of apparatusun aparatobreathing apparatusequipo (masculine) de respiraciónteaching apparatusExample sentences
- There would also be more discussions on matters such as better emergency training and equipment, including breathing apparatus for rail staff and the strengthening of drivers' cabs.
- They will be wearing breathing apparatus and protective equipment.
- We were then shown all the various equipment, apparatus and tools aboard the engines, which have to be checked and cleaned daily.
- 3 (organization) (Politics) the apparatus of governmentel aparato de gobiernoExample sentences
- Faced with centrally organized and bureaucratic state apparatuses, dissident actors can adjust organizationally, moving towards more networked forms of organization.
- Serious art over the next period will come into greater and greater conflict with the framework of the profit system and its political apparatus.
- It then undertook the dismantling of much of its socialist policy and organisational structure but not its political apparatuses - thereby earning derision on both counts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.