Translation of appearance in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 u and c (coming into view) aparición (feminine) it was her first appearance on the stage fue su primera aparición or presentación en las tablas, fue su debut en las tablas cast in order of appearance reparto (masculine) en or por orden de aparición she made a personal appearance apareció en persona she made an unexpected appearance at the party apareció or se presentó inesperadamente en la fiesta to put in an appearance hacer* acto de presenciaExample sentences1.2 [Law/Derecho] comparecencia (feminine) a court appearance una comparecencia ante el tribunal to make an appearance in court comparecer* ante el tribunal
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (of book) aparición (feminine), publicación (feminine)
- The lack of, and in certain cases, the complete absence of gender equality in our own homes makes its visible appearance in our daily routine.
- Kat hadn't realized that she had arrived home, and was shocked at her sudden appearance.
- After the deed is done, the time has arrived for the appearance of the detective.
- The pair are rarely pictured together and avoid joint appearances at public events.
- Like it or not, his role requires some public appearances at important events.
- Television appearances, charity events and photo-shoots have often crowded her schedule.
- The first stage of the healing process is the appearance of the sickness.
- As we age, we most often gauge this process by the appearance of fine and deep wrinkles.
- Such a system appears to have come into existence only after the Mississippian emergence and the appearance of chiefs.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (look) aspecto (masculine) she was sickly in appearance tenía (un) aspecto enfermizo candidates must be of good appearance los candidatos deben tener buena presencia she gives the appearance of being quite contented da la impresión de estar contenta con la vida they have all the appearance of a happy family tienen todo el aspecto de (ser) una familia feliz 2.2(appearances plural)(outward look) apariencias (feminine plural) appearances can be deceptive las apariencias engañan, no hay que fiarse de las apariencias to keep up appearances guardar las apariencias for the sake of appearances para salvar las apariencias to all appearances the situation was hopeless todo parecía indicar que la situación era desesperadaExample sentences
- It is often said that one should not judge by appearances and I whole-heartedly agree.
- Don't judge by appearances, these can be deceiving, follow your heart and you cannot go far wrong!
- The other is that, when it comes to assessing the behaviour of princes, even the shrewdest observers are largely condemned to judge by appearances.
- One claimed residents, some of the most desperate of the homeless on the city streets, have already noticeably improved in appearance and health.
- Over the last fifteen years the quality of stock cabinets has vastly improved in appearance, detailing and durability.
- However, up to one in 20 women are left with red, thick or painful scars that can takes years to improve in appearance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the