Translation of appearance in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (coming into view) it was her first appearance on the stagefue su primera aparición or presentación en las tablascast in order of appearance
fue su debut en las tablasreparto (masculine) en or por orden de apariciónshe made a personal appearanceapareció en personashe made an unexpected appearance at the partyapareció or se presentó inesperadamente en la fiestato put in an appearancehacer acto de presenciaExample sentences1.2 (Law) a court appearance
una comparecencia ante el tribunalto make an appearance in courtcomparecer ante el tribunalExample sentences1.3 uncountable (of book)
- The lack of, and in certain cases, the complete absence of gender equality in our own homes makes its visible appearance in our daily routine.
- Kat hadn't realized that she had arrived home, and was shocked at her sudden appearance.
- After the deed is done, the time has arrived for the appearance of the detective.
- The pair are rarely pictured together and avoid joint appearances at public events.
- Like it or not, his role requires some public appearances at important events.
- Television appearances, charity events and photo-shoots have often crowded her schedule.
- The first stage of the healing process is the appearance of the sickness.
- As we age, we most often gauge this process by the appearance of fine and deep wrinkles.
- Such a system appears to have come into existence only after the Mississippian emergence and the appearance of chiefs.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (look) she was sickly in appearancetenía (un) aspecto enfermizocandidates must be of good appearancelos candidatos deben tener buena presenciashe gives the appearance of being quite contentedda la impresión de estar contenta con la vidathey have all the appearance of a happy familytienen todo el aspecto de (ser) una familia feliz2.2also: appearances plural(outward look)apariencias (feminine plural)appearances can be deceptivelas apariencias engañanto keep up appearances for the sake of appearances
no hay que fiarse de las aparienciaspara salvar las aparienciasto all appearances the situation was hopelesstodo parecía indicar que la situación era desesperadaExample sentences
- One claimed residents, some of the most desperate of the homeless on the city streets, have already noticeably improved in appearance and health.
- Over the last fifteen years the quality of stock cabinets has vastly improved in appearance, detailing and durability.
- However, up to one in 20 women are left with red, thick or painful scars that can takes years to improve in appearance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.