Translation of appearance in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (coming into view) it was her first appearance on the stagecast in order of appearancefue su primera aparición or presentación en las tablasfue su debut en las tablasshe made a personal appearancereparto (masculine) en or por orden de apariciónshe made an unexpected appearance at the partyapareció en personato put in an appearanceapareció or se presentó inesperadamente en la fiestahacer acto de presenciaExample sentences1.2 (Law) a court appearance
to make an appearance in courtuna comparecencia ante el tribunalcomparecer ante el tribunalExample sentences1.3 uncountable (of book)
- The lack of, and in certain cases, the complete absence of gender equality in our own homes makes its visible appearance in our daily routine.
- Kat hadn't realized that she had arrived home, and was shocked at her sudden appearance.
- After the deed is done, the time has arrived for the appearance of the detective.
- The pair are rarely pictured together and avoid joint appearances at public events.
- Like it or not, his role requires some public appearances at important events.
- Television appearances, charity events and photo-shoots have often crowded her schedule.
- The first stage of the healing process is the appearance of the sickness.
- As we age, we most often gauge this process by the appearance of fine and deep wrinkles.
- Such a system appears to have come into existence only after the Mississippian emergence and the appearance of chiefs.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (look) she was sickly in appearancecandidates must be of good appearancetenía (un) aspecto enfermizoshe gives the appearance of being quite contentedlos candidatos deben tener buena presenciathey have all the appearance of a happy familyda la impresión de estar contenta con la vida2.2tienen todo el aspecto de (ser) una familia felizalso: appearances plural(outward look)appearances can be deceptiveapariencias (feminine plural)to keep up appearances for the sake of appearancesno hay que fiarse de las aparienciasto all appearances the situation was hopelesspara salvar las aparienciastodo parecía indicar que la situación era desesperadaExample sentences
- One claimed residents, some of the most desperate of the homeless on the city streets, have already noticeably improved in appearance and health.
- Over the last fifteen years the quality of stock cabinets has vastly improved in appearance, detailing and durability.
- However, up to one in 20 women are left with red, thick or painful scars that can takes years to improve in appearance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than