Translation of appropriate in Spanish:
adjectiveAmerican English: /əˈproʊpriət/ British English: /əˈprəʊprɪət/
- her attire wasn't appropriate to the occasionsu vestimenta no era la apropiada or adecuada or indicada para la ocasiónit would not be appropriate for me to commentno estaría bien or no sería apropiado que hiciera algún comentarioyou should take all appropriate precautionsdebes tomar todas las precauciones del casoassess the situation and take the appropriate actionevalúe la situación y tome las medidas pertinentescomplete as appropriaterellenar lo que correspondadelete as appropriatetachar lo que no correspondaExample sentences
- In this circumstance it is appropriate to depend upon a set of rules for swift action.
- A conditional discharge would be appropriate for the offences in all the circumstances.
- Cook with spices that are appropriate for the season and for your skin and your physiology.
transitive verbAmerican English: /əˈproʊpriˌeɪt/ British English: /əˈprəʊprɪeɪt/
- 1.1 (take illegally)(land/money/possessions)
apropiarse deExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (set aside)
- Because it was university property, appropriating the sign had to be an undercover job.
- He filched my material and appropriated my voice and exploited a human tragedy that was really none of his business.
- A user can be someone who appropriates the history, image, or reputation of a work of architecture for his own ends.
- If the bank knows that a given sum or item has been appropriated for a specific purpose, the right of set-off cannot be exercised in respect of it.
- He prefers the money to be appropriated for tax cuts for the upper bracket.
- Money is appropriated for a two-year budget cycle during the odd-numbered years.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.