Translation of appropriation in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (taking)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (of funds)
Example sentences1.3 countable or uncountable (in US government) (before noun) the House/Senate Appropriations Commitee
- Looting of their properties and appropriation of their business establishments are undertaken to ensure that they do not return.
- Firstly extending CPOs in this way would be yet another indication of the increased regulation of private property and its easy appropriation by the State.
- The genocide, dehumanisation of the people through forced labour, expropriation of land and appropriation of cattle all contributed to the redefinition of manhood.
el Comité de gastos de la Cámara de Representantes/del Senado
- So he's going to remind us that our homeland is more secure, but it needs to be even more secure yet, meaning appropriations of money.
- I think there will be money in a supplemental appropriation as early as next week.
- The responsibility rests entirely with Congress allocating the appropriations required and with the executive branch of the Government.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.