Translation of arc in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Astronomy/Astronomía] [Mathematics/Matemáticas] arco (masculine)Example sentences1.2 [Electricity/Electricidad] arco (masculine) eléctrico or voltaico
- Using radian measure explains why the inverse-tangent function is also called the ARCtan function - it returns the arc angle when given a tangent.
- If we use an angle h, the arc length will be krh, where k is a constant that depends on the units of angle you use.
- The other arc functions, acos, and atan, behave as their more-familiar counterparts.
- The heat required in this process is generated by electric arcs struck between carbon electrodes and the metal bath.
- Scientists later demonstrated that fullerenes can be conveniently generated by setting up an electric arc between two graphite electrodes.
- In the bottom of the container there was a reservoir of water, and above it an apparatus caused electrical arcs to crackle.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.