Translation of arc in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Astronomy/Astronomía] [Mathematics/Matemáticas] arco (masculine)Example sentences1.2 [Electricity/Electricidad] arco (masculine) eléctrico or voltaico
- Using radian measure explains why the inverse-tangent function is also called the ARCtan function - it returns the arc angle when given a tangent.
- If we use an angle h, the arc length will be krh, where k is a constant that depends on the units of angle you use.
- The other arc functions, acos, and atan, behave as their more-familiar counterparts.
- The heat required in this process is generated by electric arcs struck between carbon electrodes and the metal bath.
- Scientists later demonstrated that fullerenes can be conveniently generated by setting up an electric arc between two graphite electrodes.
- In the bottom of the container there was a reservoir of water, and above it an apparatus caused electrical arcs to crackle.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Zarzuela is a musical drama consisting of alternating passages of dialogue, songs, choruses, and dancing, that originated in Spain in the seventeenth century. Its name comes from the Zarzuela palace, Madrid. It is also popular in Latin America.