- 1.1 [Archit] arco (m) pointed/round arch arco ojival/de medio puntoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (of foot) arco (m) he has fallen arches tiene los pies planos, tiene pie plano
- The result brings to mind support structures for vaulted arches (for instance Gaudi's Sagrada Familia).
- The arches supporting the weight above still held as strong as the day they were built.
- The primary structure of steel arches was chosen to span a cavernous underground cistern, part of the city's drainage system, and avoid underwater foundations.
More example sentences
- That feature most symbolic of entrance, the triumphal arch, is to be found only at the foot of the Capitol, where the ancient texts place it.
- Pusading's ornamental arch has a pair of stone lions and the stone wall facing them was apparently built to block their vision.
- The Corinthia consists of two curving towers, one slightly taller than the other, linked by a cavernous reception area topped by a triumphal arch.
- Start off by massaging your entire foot - heel, arch and toes.
- Flat feet, low arches, and loose ligaments also contribute to the formation of bunions.
- Most of it's standard - obviously if you spend a lot of time crouched over, you'll have a sore back - but I'm slightly worried that the arches of my feet hurt.
- 1.1 (form arch) formar un arco her eyebrows arched arqueó las cejas 1.2 (follow arched trajectory) pasar trazando un arcoMore example sentences
- And the tree grew thick, leafy branches that arched over the boy.
- But the reward was generous - a tremulous rainbow arched over the mountains, shaggy with greenery.
- All of a sudden, the sky cleared, became blue and a perfect rainbow arched over me with one end in the sand.
- 1.1 (mischievous) [remark/smile/look] malicioso, pícaro 1.2 (superior) [tone] de superioridadMore example sentences
- If my arch tone suggests some skepticism about his sincerity, it's not meant to.
- Instinctive, impulsive melodies meet melancholia and melodrama in gay tales of arch commentary and frank observation.
- They have made six shimmering albums packed with arch observations, yet their world remains small, their vision unique.