- 1.1 [Architecture/Arquitectura] arco (masculine) pointed/round arch arco ojival/de medio puntoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (of foot) arco (masculine) he has fallen arches tiene los pies planos, tiene pie plano
- The result brings to mind support structures for vaulted arches (for instance Gaudi's Sagrada Familia).
- The arches supporting the weight above still held as strong as the day they were built.
- The primary structure of steel arches was chosen to span a cavernous underground cistern, part of the city's drainage system, and avoid underwater foundations.
More example sentences
- That feature most symbolic of entrance, the triumphal arch, is to be found only at the foot of the Capitol, where the ancient texts place it.
- Pusading's ornamental arch has a pair of stone lions and the stone wall facing them was apparently built to block their vision.
- The Corinthia consists of two curving towers, one slightly taller than the other, linked by a cavernous reception area topped by a triumphal arch.
- Start off by massaging your entire foot - heel, arch and toes.
- Flat feet, low arches, and loose ligaments also contribute to the formation of bunions.
- Most of it's standard - obviously if you spend a lot of time crouched over, you'll have a sore back - but I'm slightly worried that the arches of my feet hurt.
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.
- 1.1 (form arch) formar un arco her eyebrows arched arqueó las cejas 1.2 (follow arched trajectory) pasar trazando un arcoMore example sentences
- And the tree grew thick, leafy branches that arched over the boy.
- But the reward was generous - a tremulous rainbow arched over the mountains, shaggy with greenery.
- All of a sudden, the sky cleared, became blue and a perfect rainbow arched over me with one end in the sand.
- 1.1 (mischievous) [remark/smile/look] malicioso, pícaro 1.2 (superior) [tone] de superioridadMore example sentences
- If my arch tone suggests some skepticism about his sincerity, it's not meant to.
- Instinctive, impulsive melodies meet melancholia and melodrama in gay tales of arch commentary and frank observation.
- They have made six shimmering albums packed with arch observations, yet their world remains small, their vision unique.