- 1.1 (Architecture) pointed/round archarco ojival/de medio puntoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (of foot) he has fallen arches
- The result brings to mind support structures for vaulted arches (for instance Gaudi's Sagrada Familia).
- The arches supporting the weight above still held as strong as the day they were built.
- The primary structure of steel arches was chosen to span a cavernous underground cistern, part of the city's drainage system, and avoid underwater foundations.
tiene los pies planos
- That feature most symbolic of entrance, the triumphal arch, is to be found only at the foot of the Capitol, where the ancient texts place it.
- Pusading's ornamental arch has a pair of stone lions and the stone wall facing them was apparently built to block their vision.
- The Corinthia consists of two curving towers, one slightly taller than the other, linked by a cavernous reception area topped by a triumphal arch.
tiene pie planoExample sentences
- Start off by massaging your entire foot - heel, arch and toes.
- Flat feet, low arches, and loose ligaments also contribute to the formation of bunions.
- Most of it's standard - obviously if you spend a lot of time crouched over, you'll have a sore back - but I'm slightly worried that the arches of my feet hurt.
- 1.1 (form arch)formar un arcoher eyebrows archedarqueó las cejas1.2 (follow arched trajectory)pasar trazando un arcoExample sentences
- And the tree grew thick, leafy branches that arched over the boy.
- But the reward was generous - a tremulous rainbow arched over the mountains, shaggy with greenery.
- All of a sudden, the sky cleared, became blue and a perfect rainbow arched over me with one end in the sand.
- Larry glanced at Adam, eyebrows arching in surprise.
- Louis took the letter, his eyebrows arching in surprise, and thanked the secretary.
- Her face was pale, very pale - her golden eyebrows slightly arched in surprise as she saw me.
- 1.1 (mischievous) 1.2 (superior)(tone)
de superioridadExample sentences
- If my arch tone suggests some skepticism about his sincerity, it's not meant to.
- Instinctive, impulsive melodies meet melancholia and melodrama in gay tales of arch commentary and frank observation.
- They have made six shimmering albums packed with arch observations, yet their world remains small, their vision unique.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.