Translation of assault in Spanish:
- 1 u and c [Law/Derecho] 1.1 (violence) agresión (feminine) assault and battery agresión con lesiones 1.2 (molestation) agresión (feminine) sexual, ataque (masculine) contra la libertad sexual; (rape) violación (feminine)Example sentences
- Less than three weeks later he was reported for a physical assault on a young boy.
- Physical assault on women by intimate partners is recognized widely as a leading cause of injury to women in the United States.
- Other recent violent attacks include an assault on a couple who asked two boys to switch off their mobile phones during a film.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 [Military/Militar] asalto (masculine), ataque (masculine) to make an assault on sth atacar* algo (before noun/delante del nombre) assault craft barcaza (feminine) de asalto assault troops tropas (feminine plural) de asalto 2.2 (onslaught) assault (
onsth) ataque (masculine)( aalgo), arremetida (feminine)( contraalgo) an assault on Everest un intento de escalar el Everest the firm is preparing for an assault on the market la empresa se dispone a conquistar el mercadoExample sentences
- After breakfast, and another sitting, I bundled up and attempted the assault on Marga Point.
- These are hectic days for him and the Irish Chamber Orchestra is now primed for a serious assault on the competitive world of concert performances.
- On another occasion during his 11-month tour he led three assaults on an enemy position until it finally fell.
- He might have escaped when the boats first started the assault on the house.
- A military assault on the country cannot be ruled out - at least in the long term.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the