Translation of assault in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (Law) 1.1 (violence) assault and batteryagresión con lesionesExample sentences1.2 (molestation)
ataque (masculine) contra la libertad sexual(rape)Example sentences
- In that case the appellant had been convicted of assault occasioning actual bodily harm by harassing his female victim.
- The father was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm, but was acquitted.
- He has previous convictions for theft, robbery and assault causing actual bodily harm.
- Less than three weeks later he was reported for a physical assault on a young boy.
- Physical assault on women by intimate partners is recognized widely as a leading cause of injury to women in the United States.
- Other recent violent attacks include an assault on a couple who asked two boys to switch off their mobile phones during a film.
- 2 countable 2.1 (Military) to make an assault on something(before noun) assault craftatacar algoassault troopsbarcaza (feminine) de asalto2.2 (onslaught) See examples:assault (tropas (feminine plural) de asalto
onsomething) an assault on Everestthe firm is preparing for an assault on the marketun intento de escalar el Everestla empresa se dispone a conquistar el mercadoExample sentences
- After breakfast, and another sitting, I bundled up and attempted the assault on Marga Point.
- These are hectic days for him and the Irish Chamber Orchestra is now primed for a serious assault on the competitive world of concert performances.
- On another occasion during his 11-month tour he led three assaults on an enemy position until it finally fell.
- He might have escaped when the boats first started the assault on the house.
- A military assault on the country cannot be ruled out - at least in the long term.
- 1.1 (use violence against) 1.2 (sexually)agredir sexualmenteExample sentences
- He later pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer and was sentenced to one day in jail.
- He pleaded guilty to assaulting the sergeant on June 24.
- A teaching assistant has been cleared of assaulting a teenager who bombarded his house with snowballs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to