Translation of assault in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (Law) 1.1 (violence) assault and batteryagresión con lesionesExample sentences1.2 (molestation)
agresión (feminine) sexual
- In that case the appellant had been convicted of assault occasioning actual bodily harm by harassing his female victim.
- The father was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm, but was acquitted.
- He has previous convictions for theft, robbery and assault causing actual bodily harm.
ataque (masculine) contra la libertad sexual(rape) violación (feminine)Example sentences
- Less than three weeks later he was reported for a physical assault on a young boy.
- Physical assault on women by intimate partners is recognized widely as a leading cause of injury to women in the United States.
- Other recent violent attacks include an assault on a couple who asked two boys to switch off their mobile phones during a film.
- 2 countable 2.1 (Military) to make an assault on somethingatacar algo(before noun) assault craftbarcaza (feminine) de asaltoassault troopstropas (feminine plural) de asaltoExample sentences2.2 (onslaught)assault (
- On another occasion during his 11-month tour he led three assaults on an enemy position until it finally fell.
- He might have escaped when the boats first started the assault on the house.
- A military assault on the country cannot be ruled out - at least in the long term.
onsomething) an assault on Everestun intento de escalar el Everestthe firm is preparing for an assault on the marketla empresa se dispone a conquistar el mercadoExample sentences
- After breakfast, and another sitting, I bundled up and attempted the assault on Marga Point.
- These are hectic days for him and the Irish Chamber Orchestra is now primed for a serious assault on the competitive world of concert performances.
- 1.1 (use violence against)Example sentences1.2 (sexually)
- He later pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer and was sentenced to one day in jail.
- He pleaded guilty to assaulting the sergeant on June 24.
- A teaching assistant has been cleared of assaulting a teenager who bombarded his house with snowballs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.