Translation of assemble in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (construct) [car] montar, ensamblar; [kit/model] armarExample sentences1.2 (get together) [people/team] reunir*
- Also, it can wait for a customer's order before assembling a machine, which means it can operate with an extraordinarily lean production system.
- The first phase of the project revolved around infrastructure and assembling the machine.
- She had never actually assembled the machine but there were four similar parts that she was dealing with.
Example sentences1.3 (gather) [facts/evidence] recopilar, recoger*; [collection] reunir*, acumular 1.4 [Computing/Informática] ensamblar
- At the end, it said: ‘a large crowd assembled outside the church to see her departure.’
- A tremendous crowd assembled outside the French Embassy shortly after the news was made known.
- Every evening at about seven-thirty crowds began assembling outside the General Post Office to watch the departure of the Royal Mail coaches.
- Director David C. Thomas assembles the surviving members of the group to tell their story, and remarkably has a treasure trove of home movies, concert and TV footage to illustrate every stage of the group's existence.
- We want to continue this investigation to a point at which we have assembled the kind of evidence that we believe provides the basis for prosecution.
- ‘A large and growing body of evidence has been assembled effectively pointing to her innocence,’ he claimed.
- We plan to assemble a program that combines the method described here with a kinematics method to permit fulltime operation.
- From that it creates program code it can then assemble into executable machine code.
- Sequences were verified manually and contigs were assembled using the computer program Sequencer v 4.0.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (gather) [crowd/troops] reunirse*, congregarse* [formal] the meeting had not yet assembled los asistentes a la reunión aún no se habían congregado [formal] 1.2(assembled past participle of/participio pasado de)the assembled spectators el público asistente she addressed the assembled meeting/guests se dirigió a la concurrencia/los invitados allí congregados [formal]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.