Translation of assembly in Spanish:
noun plural -blies
- 1 1.1 uncountable (coming together) freedom of assembly assembly roomssala (feminine) de actosExample sentences1.2 countable (group)
Example sentences1.3 countable (elected body) the Assembly (in US)
- There are stirrings of something new when they rule in favor of those students who exercise freedoms of expression and assembly for religious purposes.
- The police clearly have orders to break up even the smallest gathering despite the fact that freedom of expression and assembly are constitutionally guaranteed.
- How do you clamp down on messy street protests without violating fundamental laws that guarantee freedom of assembly and prohibit political interference with policing?
la AsambleaExample sentences1.4 (Sch) (no article)
- They gather in a general assembly (in the auditorium) and declare their grievances against her.
- Specialty assemblies gather for business meetings at least twice per year to discuss hot topics and issues relevant to their specialty.
- At this news, those gathered at the assembly broke out in heated debate.
(reunión de profesores y alumnos, al iniciarse la jornada escolar)Example sentences
- A vote in favour will result in the region having an assembly elected by proportional representation consisting of between 25 and 30 members.
- Six members of the legislative assembly are elected from each of the existing 18 Westminster parliamentary constituencies.
- Last night deflated devolutionists were stressing that the question of how the Northern regions can improve their economies themselves without elected assemblies still needed to be answered.
- On the last day of term, parents of Year Five and Six children at Threshfield School were invited to the regular special assembly where the children present their review of the term's work.
- Amelia and Isabella - wearing Pudsey ears - stood up in front of 150 other pupils in assembly at Mellor Primary and asked them to help raise money.
- Meanwhile, news of the tragedy was relayed to pupils during morning assembly today at Bitterne Park School where the teenager had been a pupil since last year.
- 2 (Technology) 2.1 countable (unit) 2.2 uncountable (process) assembly plantplanta (feminine) de montajeExample sentences
- These Daimler dealers currently get their cars from assembly plants in the U.S.A., whose production capacity currently does not meet with demand for right hand drive cars.
- Having standardized parts fabrication, Ford in 1910 opened a revolutionary car assembly plant in Highland Park, Michigan.
- The workers accused management of keeping them guessing about their future with the troubled car assembly plant, which has only functioned sporadically over the past two years.
- Extended product design teams can compare components and assemblies and identify engineering changes authored using multiple CAD tools.
- The plant produces sliding windows for pickup trucks, quarter windows with lights and lift gate assemblies at a volume of approximately 480,000 units per year.
- This method involves identifying between 20 and 50 key components or assemblies in the product.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.