Translation of assure in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (guarantee) asegurar, garantizar* I assure you se lo aseguro, se lo garantizo they assured us that they would be there nos aseguraron or garantizaron que estarían allí to assure sb
ofsth garantizarle* algo a algn they have assured us of their support nos han garantizado su apoyoExample sentences1.2 (convince) convencer* he tried to assure them that the rumor was false trató de convencerlos de que el rumor era falso
- I assure her one more time that I do not mean to hurt her in any way.
- I assure you this will take a lot of practice and as you all know, practice makes perfect.
- However, I assure you that the Hogbetsotso festival is a genuine Ghanaian event.
- 2 (make certain)to assure sb (
of) sth this work will assure me (of) a regular income este trabajo me asegurará una entrada fijaExample sentences
- This wonderfully funny book would go in and out of print throughout my life, proving that the fortunes of a book are not assured simply because it influences every writer who reads it.
- The corollary is that it is not moderation, but total victory, that assures survival.
- The footballers managed this feat with two rounds remaining before the end of the championships, as their eight-point advantage assured them of victory.
- 3 (insure) (British English/inglés británico) [life] asegurarExample sentences
- At maturity, or on the death of the original life assured, all the benefits of the policy are paid to the new owner.
- Thirdly, if a bank is asked to take a security over a policy taken out by its holder on the life of another person, the bank has to satisfy itself that the holder has an insurable interest in the life assured.
- The proceeds from such a policy will therefore not form part of the life assured.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.