Translation of astringent in Spanish:
- [lotion/effect] astringente; [comment/criticism] mordaz, cáusticoExample sentences
- If your skin cracks open, doctors sometimes prescribe wet dressings with mildly astringent properties to contract the skin, reduce secretions and prevent infection.
- You will find that this lotion is slightly astringent, leaving your skin feeling cool and delightfully fragrant.
- It was included, because of its astringent qualities, in skin tonics, and became a principal ingredient in shampoos and hair rinses.
- This is a fine work with all the characteristics of the composer's style: astringent harmonies, strong motor rhythms and lyrical melodies.
- I see it as more sardonic and astringent, in the manner of Prokofiev.
- His less astringent manner could help him forge the strategic relationships his father couldn't.
noun/nombrec and u
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.