- 1.1 (of atoms) atómico atomic number número (m) atómico atomic weight peso (m) atómicoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (nuclear) [warfare/power/energy] atómico the atomic age la era atómica atomic bomb bomba (f) atómica atomic pile pila (f) atómica
- Its output of particles (electrons, protons, ions and atomic nuclei) is approximately one million tonnes per second.
- Later, Rutherford also discovered the atomic nucleus and the proton.
- Because of its weak interaction with atomic nuclei, the neutrino travels freely through any material object and is very difficult to observe.
More example sentences
- The team has used gases such as ethanol to prevent oxidation and atomic oxygen or hydrogen to remove contamination and provide in-situ cleaning.
- At that temperature, the gas has enough energy to excite molecular hydrogen but not atomic hydrogen.
- It consists of atomic and molecular hydrogen, with 10 per cent of helium.
- It is precisely those features which are undesirable in a nuclear reactor that are vital in an atomic weapon.
- Just as nuclear scientists concerned about lethal radioactivity oppose atomic weapons, should marine scientists campaign for an end to coal-fired power stations?
- The centrality of atomic fission and fusion is giving way to the collection, processing, fusion, and dissemination of information.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...