- 1.1 (of atoms) atómicoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (nuclear) [warfare/power/energy] atómico the atomic age la era atómica
- Its output of particles (electrons, protons, ions and atomic nuclei) is approximately one million tonnes per second.
- Later, Rutherford also discovered the atomic nucleus and the proton.
- Because of its weak interaction with atomic nuclei, the neutrino travels freely through any material object and is very difficult to observe.
More example sentences
- The team has used gases such as ethanol to prevent oxidation and atomic oxygen or hydrogen to remove contamination and provide in-situ cleaning.
- At that temperature, the gas has enough energy to excite molecular hydrogen but not atomic hydrogen.
- It consists of atomic and molecular hydrogen, with 10 per cent of helium.
- It is precisely those features which are undesirable in a nuclear reactor that are vital in an atomic weapon.
- Just as nuclear scientists concerned about lethal radioactivity oppose atomic weapons, should marine scientists campaign for an end to coal-fired power stations?
- The centrality of atomic fission and fusion is giving way to the collection, processing, fusion, and dissemination of information.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is the día de todos los santos, a day celebrated in many countries by honoring saints and, often, the departed. During this festival, Spanish people place flowers on the graves of loved ones.