Translation of attachment in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable (part)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (connecting)attachment (
- These clamps are extra attachments that ensure the lander stays perfectly fixed to the spacecraft during the launch and is not affected by launch vibrations.
- The policy stated that ‘the site, position or fitting of the attachment or sign should not promote decay in the pole or impede testing for decay.’
- However, you'll soon acquire a number of attachments to change the function of the gun that turn it into a sniper rifle and a grenade launcher.
tosomething)Example sentences1.3 countable (to email)
- Constructed from machined aluminum, this combat light also can be used for signaling and has a stainless-steel belt clip for sturdy attachment.
- These conditions favor attachment and growth of bacteria and allow for a greatly increased bacterial density.
- Each pet identification tag comes with a split ring for attachment to your pet's collar.
- Viruses can be sent out as email attachments to infect your computer if you open them.
- Other viruses may infect a computer via an e-mail attachment or Web site but do not spread automatically after affecting the operations of the computer.
- Changes in music consuming behaviour were not the result of the appearance of personal sites and the exchange of MP3 files as attachments in e-mail.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (fondness)attachment (
tosomebody/something)Example sentences2.2 uncountable (commitment)attachment
- There is still a sizeable holding in the family, which has a strong sentimental attachment to the company.
- It is time to look to the other side of my original question: why does the democracy work well despite the people having no strong attachment to it?
- Your child may also develop a strong emotional attachment to a real friend and it's wrong to make fun of this.
tosomethingcompromiso (masculine)2.3 countable (relationship) to form an attachment conalgoentablar una relación
- 3 uncountable or countable (assignment) (British English)adscripción (feminine) temporalExample sentences
- Therefore many take up temporary unpaid observer attachments in the hope of transferring to a training post.
- Because free agent workers do not usually have long-term attachments to one organization, their needs for career development must be met in non-traditional ways.
- As well as being a qualified area car driver and tutor constable, he had spent time on attachment with the force child protection unit, where, ironically, he had been trained in interviewing children.
- 4 uncountable or countable (Law) (of property) attachment of earningsretención (feminine) de ingresosExample sentences
- Trustees in bankruptcy were appointed and the court ordered attachment of its property.
- Under Texas law, these are exempt from attachment, execution and seizure for the satisfaction of debt.
- This was not surprising in view of the fact that in most cases security was put up voluntarily and without an arrest or attachment and therefore without reference to the jurisdiction of a court of arrest or attachment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.