Translation of attention in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (concentration) (could I have your) attention, please!¡atención, por favor!to hold somebody's attentionmantener la atención de alguiento pay attention to something/somebodyprestarle atención a algo/alguienhe doesn't pay attentionno presta atenciónthey have turned their attention to the European market
no atiendehan pasado a concentrar su atención en el mercado europeoExample sentences1.2 uncountable (notice) to attract attention to attract somebody's attention
atraer la atención de alguienchildren do that to get o attract attentionlos niños hacen eso para que se les haga caso or para que se les preste atenciónsee if you can catch his attentiona ver si logras atraer su atenciónyou always have to be the center of attention!¡siempre tienes que ser el centro de atención!don't pay any attention to her, she's only teasingno le hagas caso, te está tomando el peloto bring o call something to somebody's attentioninformar a alguienit has been brought to my attention o it has come to my attention that …
- Not that such considerations made any difference when we turned our attention to the menu.
- Rafael glanced at her for a second then turned his attention to the road again.
- She merely dropped her smile, opened her folder and turned her attention to her schedule.
dealgome han informado or me he enterado de que …I'd like to draw attention to the fact that …quisiera hacerles notar que …I didn't want to draw attention to myselfno quería llamar la atenciónthis incident has drawn attention away from the central issueeste incidente ha apartado or desviado la atención de la cuestión centralExample sentences1.3 uncountable (care) he needs to show greater attention to detail
tiene que ser más minuciosothe problem will receive our prompt attentionel problema recibirá nuestra inmediata atenciónthe engine needs attentionel motor necesita algunos ajustes or arreglosthe paint work needs some attentionhay que retocar la pinturafor the attention of the Sales Departmenta la atención del departamento de ventasExample sentences
- He drew attention to three important interrelated factors which he regarded as peculiar to arbitration agreements.
- Is that the only passage in which the trial judge drew attention to his interest in the outcome of the proceedings?
- He also drew attention to the problem of the unacceptable level of absenteeism at the company's Carlow plant.
- We help patients decide if a problem requires medical attention or even hospital care.
- Anyone with a medical problem will then be provided with a referral for appropriate medical care and attention.
- These patients require the same attention and care as those who meet all the criteria.
- 2also: attentions plural(of admirer)atenciones (feminine plural)Example sentences
- Obviously he was flattered at the attentions of such a young and attractive woman.
- It felt good to be out and about and she wouldn't deny that she was flattered by Ollie's attentions.
- Flattered by the attentions of the young lord, Antonello admits him to his studio.
- 3 uncountable (Military)to come o stand to attentionponerse en posición de firme(s)to stand at attentionestar firme(s)Example sentences
- Their eyes slowly roved over the group of soldiers standing at attention beyond the podium.
- When we arrived a soldier stood at attention and bowed when the prince entered.
- Two suits of armour stood to attention at the foot of a wide oak staircase.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.