Translation of attention in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (concentration) (could I have your) attention, please!to hold somebody's attention¡atención, por favor!to pay attention to something/somebodymantener la atención de alguienhe doesn't pay attentionprestarle atención a algo/alguienthey have turned their attention to the European marketno presta atenciónno atiende1.2 uncountable (notice) to attract attention to attract somebody's attentionhan pasado a concentrar su atención en el mercado europeochildren do that to get o attract attentionatraer la atención de alguiensee if you can catch his attentionlos niños hacen eso para que se les haga caso or para que se les preste atenciónyou always have to be the center of attention!a ver si logras atraer su atencióndon't pay any attention to her, she's only teasing¡siempre tienes que ser el centro de atención!to bring o call something to somebody's attentionno le hagas caso, te está tomando el peloit has been brought to my attention o it has come to my attention that …informar a alguien
dealgoI'd like to draw attention to the fact that …me han informado or me he enterado de que …I didn't want to draw attention to myselfquisiera hacerles notar que …this incident has drawn attention away from the central issueno quería llamar la atencióneste incidente ha apartado or desviado la atención de la cuestión centralExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 uncountable (care) he needs to show greater attention to detail
- He drew attention to three important interrelated factors which he regarded as peculiar to arbitration agreements.
- Is that the only passage in which the trial judge drew attention to his interest in the outcome of the proceedings?
- He also drew attention to the problem of the unacceptable level of absenteeism at the company's Carlow plant.
the problem will receive our prompt attentiontiene que ser más minuciosothe engine needs attentionel problema recibirá nuestra inmediata atenciónthe paint work needs some attentionel motor necesita algunos ajustes or arreglosfor the attention of the Sales Departmenthay que retocar la pinturaa la atención del departamento de ventasExample sentences
- Not that such considerations made any difference when we turned our attention to the menu.
- Rafael glanced at her for a second then turned his attention to the road again.
- She merely dropped her smile, opened her folder and turned her attention to her schedule.
- We help patients decide if a problem requires medical attention or even hospital care.
- Anyone with a medical problem will then be provided with a referral for appropriate medical care and attention.
- These patients require the same attention and care as those who meet all the criteria.
- 2also: attentions plural(of admirer)atenciones (feminine plural)Example sentences
- Obviously he was flattered at the attentions of such a young and attractive woman.
- It felt good to be out and about and she wouldn't deny that she was flattered by Ollie's attentions.
- Flattered by the attentions of the young lord, Antonello admits him to his studio.
- 3 uncountable (Military)to come o stand to attentionto stand at attentionponerse en posición de firme(s)estar firme(s)Example sentences
- Their eyes slowly roved over the group of soldiers standing at attention beyond the podium.
- When we arrived a soldier stood at attention and bowed when the prince entered.
- Two suits of armour stood to attention at the foot of a wide oak staircase.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.