- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (concentration) atención (feminine) (could I have your) attention, please! ¡atención, por favor! to hold sb's attention mantener* la atención de algn to pay attention to sth/sb prestarle atención a algo/algn he doesn't pay attention no presta atención, no atiende they have turned their attention to the European market han pasado a concentrar su atención en el mercado europeo 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (notice) atención (feminine) to attract attention llamar la atención to attract sb's attention atraer* la atención de algn children do that to get o attract attention los niños hacen eso para que se les haga caso or para que se les preste atención see if you can catch his attention a ver si logras atraer su atención you always have to be the center of attention! ¡siempre tienes que ser el centro de atención! don't pay any attention to her, she's only teasing no le hagas caso, te está tomando el pelo to bring o call sth to sb's attention informar a algn
dealgo it has been brought to my attention o it has come to my attention that … me han informado or me he enterado de que … I'd like to draw attention to the fact that … quisiera hacerles notar que … I didn't want to draw attention to myself no quería llamar la atención this incident has drawn attention away from the central issue este incidente ha apartado or desviado la atención de la cuestión centralMore example sentences
More example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (care) atención (feminine) he needs to show greater attention to detail tiene que ser más minucioso the problem will receive our prompt attention el problema recibirá nuestra inmediata atención the engine needs attention el motor necesita algunos ajustes or arreglos the paint work needs some attention hay que retocar la pintura for the attention of the Sales Department a la atención del departamento de ventas
- He drew attention to three important interrelated factors which he regarded as peculiar to arbitration agreements.
- Is that the only passage in which the trial judge drew attention to his interest in the outcome of the proceedings?
- He also drew attention to the problem of the unacceptable level of absenteeism at the company's Carlow plant.
More example sentences
- Not that such considerations made any difference when we turned our attention to the menu.
- Rafael glanced at her for a second then turned his attention to the road again.
- She merely dropped her smile, opened her folder and turned her attention to her schedule.
- We help patients decide if a problem requires medical attention or even hospital care.
- Anyone with a medical problem will then be provided with a referral for appropriate medical care and attention.
- These patients require the same attention and care as those who meet all the criteria.
- 2(attentions plural)(of admirer) atenciones (feminine plural)More example sentences
- Obviously he was flattered at the attentions of such a young and attractive woman.
- It felt good to be out and about and she wouldn't deny that she was flattered by Ollie's attentions.
- Flattered by the attentions of the young lord, Antonello admits him to his studio.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable [Military/Militar] to come o stand to attention ponerse* en posición de firme(s) to stand at attention estar* firme(s)More example sentences
- Their eyes slowly roved over the group of soldiers standing at attention beyond the podium.
- When we arrived a soldier stood at attention and bowed when the prince entered.
- Two suits of armour stood to attention at the foot of a wide oak staircase.
- ¡atención!; [Military/Militar] ¡firme(s)!
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.