Translation of attorney general in Spanish:
noun plural attorney generals or attorneys general
- (in US — at national level)≈ Ministro, (-tra) (masculine, feminine) de Justicia(— at state level) ≈ Fiscal (masculine or feminine) General(in UK) ≈ Ministro, (-tra) (masculine, feminine) de Justicia
≈ Procurador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine) General de la República or Nación
≈ Fiscal (masculine or feminine) General del EstadoExample sentences
- We need an attorney general in charge of enforcement over in the Justice Department.
- We are joined now in Miami by Janet Reno, the former attorney general of the United States.
- He will be the first Hispanic attorney general of the United States.
- Yesterday, the Government asked the Attorney General for legal advice on the demolition of the flats.
- Yesterday, British politics was gripped by the release of the Attorney General's legal advice.
- With the support of the Attorney General an injunction could be sought in proceedings for public nuisance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.