Translation of attorney general in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural attorney generals or , attorneys general)
- (in US — at national level) ≈ Ministro, (masculine, feminine) de Justicia; (— at state level) ≈ Fiscal (masculine and feminine) General; (in UK) ≈ Ministro, (masculine, feminine) de Justicia, ≈ Procurador, (masculine, feminine) General de la República or Nación, ≈ Fiscal (masculine and feminine) General del EstadoExample sentences
- Yesterday, the Government asked the Attorney General for legal advice on the demolition of the flats.
- Yesterday, British politics was gripped by the release of the Attorney General's legal advice.
- With the support of the Attorney General an injunction could be sought in proceedings for public nuisance.
- We need an attorney general in charge of enforcement over in the Justice Department.
- We are joined now in Miami by Janet Reno, the former attorney general of the United States.
- He will be the first Hispanic attorney general of the United States.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.