Translation of award in Spanish:
conferir(pay increase/grant)the award for the best movie damages were awarded against her ex-husband
concedersu exmarido fue condenado a indemnizarla por daños y perjuiciosExample sentences1.2 (Sport)
- The Commission objected and a deal was finally struck allowing Uefa to award broadcasting rights contracts for a maximum period of three years.
- The contracts are being awarded exclusively to US firms and are by invitation only.
- They must rue awarding him a three-year contract in January.
- A good case can be made for including only finishes for which prize money is awarded.
- The jury at Cannes last year agreed, awarding it the Jury Prize.
- I used to run a bar in East London and made the mistake a couple years ago of awarding the fancy dress prize at a New Year's Eve party to a guy dressed as a suicide bomber.
- 1.1 countable (prize)(medal)the award for the best movie 1.2 countable (sum of money)
condecoración (feminine)asignación (feminine)
suma (feminine) de dinero(as damages)
indemnización (feminine)(grant)an award of 8% (wage increase)
beca (feminine)un aumento (por convenio) del 8%Example sentences1.3 uncountable (awarding — of prize, grant, pay increase)
(— of contract)
- Some €142 million of that amount was paid out in compensation awards, with the balance made up of legal and administrative costs.
- Even students who are not eligible for the full amount of these awards pay nothing up front, unlike the present system which requires an annual fixed fee of £1, 125.
- Law-abiding drivers will have to fork out extra to pay for compensation awards to victims of some 1,000 hit-and-run incidents being dealt with by insurers.
adjudicación (feminine)Example sentences
- The commission also recommends that social welfare payments should be deducted from the appropriate component of any award of damages.
- This month the court of appeal upheld the High Court's award of damages for infringement of his copyright.
- Where the harm is attributable partly to the fault of the defendant and partly to that of the claimant then any award of damages may be reduced by reason of the claimant's contributory negligence.
- Women from across Yorkshire were honoured yesterday in awards recognising their outstanding achievements.
- Nobody ever said it would be easy to establish an annual awards ceremony honouring the best productions in Scottish film and television.
- The annual award recognizes outstanding achievements in sports turf management among the 180 state members.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.