Translation of awash in Spanish:
- 1.1 (flooded) to be awash (
withsth) estar* inundado ( dealgo)Example sentences1.2 (full of) to be awash
- At the end of 2000, York was reduced to a sandbag city, hit by unprecedented levels of rain and awash with flood water.
- The gutters were awash with dirty soot-flecked water, rushing down the storm-drain.
- And as the winter rains pour down, the camp is awash with sewage and rubbish.
withsth estar* lleno dealgo, rebosar algoExample sentences
- The room is a beehive, awash with noise.
- He has five years left at the helm of a government awash with oil revenues.
- Just today I heard from someone who came to see me in my office just exactly how awash with cash Government departments are.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.