Translation of ax in Spanish:
- the ax fell on public spendinghubo recortes en el gasto públicoto give somebody the axdespedir or echar a alguienI was the first to get or be given the axfui el primero al que despidieron or echaron or pusieron en la callethe series was given the ax after only three episodessuprimieron or cancelaron la serie después de tan solo tres capítulosto have an ax to grindtener un interés personalI have no ax to grindyo no tengo un interés personal en el asuntoa mí ni me va ni me viene [colloquial]Example sentences
- John enjoyed the outdoors, gardening, feeding wild turkeys, his dog, sawing and chopping wood with his axe and swede saw.
- He threw up the axe handle and I chopped the wood almost in two.
- After the game finished, he was surprised to find the wooden handle of his axe had rotted.
- Car park security staff jobs have been axed at Bradford Royal Infirmary - as hospital bosses try to solve the hospital's cash crisis.
- The 33,000 former staff whose jobs were axed as part of the recovery programme are unlikely to join the celebrations, however.
- Shows were being axed, and others ruthlessly dumped in graveyard slots after just a couple of weeks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.