Translation of azure in Spanish:
- 1.1 [literary/literario] [sky/sea] azur [literary/literario], azul celeste azure blue eyes ojos (masculine plural) zarcos [literary/literario]Example sentences1.2 (in heraldry) azur
- Souvenirs of miniature trains from the Rail Museum have been placed in the inner edges of these walls behind a bright azure blue background.
- Her eyes glistened as she looked out over the blue Pacific waters as the horizon touched a cloudless azure blue sky.
- You could, of course, try and land your own dinner with a jolly crew on board one of the hire craft that dance across the azure blue seas.
- The original flag design, based upon the Ancient Arms of Nova Scotia, granted by King Charles I in 1625, is on a ground of silver with a saltire azure - a blue St. Andrew's cross.
- A huge human foot d'or, in a field azure; the foot crushes a serpent rampant whose fangs are imbedded in the heel.
- They both had the same device upon the surcoats; it was a Virgin Mary embroidered on a field azure.
- [literary/literario] azur (masculine) [literary/literario]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.