Translation of babble in Spanish:
noun no plural
- 1 (of voice, voices) a cry rang out above the babble of voicesse oyó un grito por encima del murmullo de vocesher answer came out in a confused babblebalbució una confusa respuestathe baby's babbleel balbuceo del bebéExample sentences
- I'm picking these sounds out from the babble of the past, a raucous market fair of a landscape that stretches out as far as the eye can see.
- From an uncertain corner in another part of the pub, there was a babble of bedlam.
- The gorgeous changing colors of the high-tech map were accompanied by sound: the babble of many meteorologists overlaid by the powerful roar of wind and waves.
- 2 (of water)Example sentences
- The sounds coming from the workshops combine with the babble of the stream to create an authentic atmosphere of the settlement of old.
- In the silence of the grove, she heard the pleasant babble of the stream, except that it was no longer a quiet sloshing.
- In plants, a babble of water and small molecules flows through the plasmodesmata between cells.
- 1 (talk foolishly) he babbled onsiguió parloteando [colloquial]Example sentences
- My mother continued to babble on but I paid no attention.
- Stacey continued to babble on, totally naïve to the fact that she was causing so many eyes to focus on her.
- Krista continued to babble on about how one of her uncles had gone through the same thing and it all turned out just fine.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.