Translation of babble in Spanish:
noun (no plural)
- 1.1 (of voice, voices) See examples: a cry rang out above the babble of voicesher answer came out in a confused babblese oyó un grito por encima del murmullo de vocesthe baby's babblebalbució una confusa respuestael balbuceo del bebéExample sentences1.2 (of water)
- I'm picking these sounds out from the babble of the past, a raucous market fair of a landscape that stretches out as far as the eye can see.
- From an uncertain corner in another part of the pub, there was a babble of bedlam.
- The gorgeous changing colors of the high-tech map were accompanied by sound: the babble of many meteorologists overlaid by the powerful roar of wind and waves.
- The sounds coming from the workshops combine with the babble of the stream to create an authentic atmosphere of the settlement of old.
- In the silence of the grove, she heard the pleasant babble of the stream, except that it was no longer a quiet sloshing.
- In plants, a babble of water and small molecules flows through the plasmodesmata between cells.
- 1.1 (talk foolishly) he babbled on1.2 (talk unintelligibly)siguió parloteando [colloquial](baby)a babbling brook [literary]Example sentences
- My mother continued to babble on but I paid no attention.
- Stacey continued to babble on, totally naïve to the fact that she was causing so many eyes to focus on her.
- Krista continued to babble on about how one of her uncles had gone through the same thing and it all turned out just fine.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to