Translation of babble in Spanish:
noun/nombre(no plural/sin plural)
- 1.1 (of voice, voices) a cry rang out above the babble of voices se oyó un grito por encima del murmullo de voces her answer came out in a confused babble balbució una confusa respuesta the baby's babble el balbuceo del bebéExample sentences1.2 (of water) susurro (masculine) [literary/literario], murmullo (masculine) [literary/literario]
- I'm picking these sounds out from the babble of the past, a raucous market fair of a landscape that stretches out as far as the eye can see.
- From an uncertain corner in another part of the pub, there was a babble of bedlam.
- The gorgeous changing colors of the high-tech map were accompanied by sound: the babble of many meteorologists overlaid by the powerful roar of wind and waves.
- The sounds coming from the workshops combine with the babble of the stream to create an authentic atmosphere of the settlement of old.
- In the silence of the grove, she heard the pleasant babble of the stream, except that it was no longer a quiet sloshing.
- In plants, a babble of water and small molecules flows through the plasmodesmata between cells.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Crianza is a term which refers both to the process of ageing wines, and to a category of wines, vinos de crianza, which have been aged for a minimum of two years, first in barrels or the more modern stainless steel tanks, and then in the bottle.