Translation of bag in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (container) a paper/plastic baguna bolsa de papel/plásticoyes sir, no sir, three bags full sir! (British) [humorous]¡sí señor, no señor, lo que mande el señor!to leave somebody holding the bag (US)cargarle el muerto a alguienExample sentences1.2 (piece of luggage) he packed his bags and left
hizo las maletas y se fuewhere are your bags?¿dónde está su equipaje?Example sentences1.3 (bagful) to be a bagof bones [colloquial]
- I was carrying a shopping bag from a high street clothes shop.
- He was carrying two bags containing a total of £40,000.
- A neighbour said he had reported one of the detained men after seeing him carrying a bag containing letters.
ser un costal de huesos or un esqueletoExample sentences1.4 (in hunting)
- She turned around, picked up her bag, the only piece of luggage she had.
- How about buying a piece of luggage that consolidates your bags into a single carry-on that complies with all the rules and your needs?
- When I pull my luggage (a bag and a laptop) on to the taxi, the driver asked where I were going.
piezas (feminine plural) cobradasa mixed bagtoday's concert is a mixed bagen el concierto de hoy habrá de todo un poco or para todos los gustosmy students were a very mixed bagindeedtenía un grupo de alumnos muy heterogéneoin the bag [colloquial]we can start celebrating: the contract is in the bag
- They just wanted me to donate, monthly, the equivalent amount to half a bag of tea-bags.
- There were 3 possible destinations: over her trainers, into her popcorn container or into my bag of chocolate brazils.
- He said one method used to gauge a child's awareness of drug abuse is to ask them to draw the contents of ‘a bag of drugs’ found in the street.
tenía un grupo de alumnos de lo más variopintoya podemos celebrarlo: el contrato es un hechotenemos el contrato en el bote (Spain) [colloquial]→ cat1 1 1, → cat1 1 2Example sentences
- Looking at photos of other teal hunters' bags, most seem to hold a high percentage of adult male bluewings.
- It's fairly unlikely that the council will recommend further cuts in the scaup bag limit for the coming season.
- The federal framework also modified the daily bag limit for the four-day season in the SWDA.
- 2 2.1 (of skin) to have bags under one's eyes(of skin) tener bolsas en los ojos(dark rings) tener ojerasExample sentences2.2 (in clothing)
- He looked tired and worn out, with pale skin and purple bags under his eyes.
- She was aware of her pasty skin, of the bags under her eyes, and of the drawn look on her face without his comments.
- Mercia was watching her parent's faces; sallow skin, dark bags under their lifeless eyes.
- 3also: bags plural3.1 (a lot) [colloquial]cantidad (feminine) [colloquial]montones (masculine plural) [colloquial]pilas (feminine plural) (Río de la Plata) [colloquial]there's bags of room (British) [colloquial]hay cantidad or montones de sitio [colloquial]hay pilas de sitio (Río de la Plata) [colloquial]Example sentences3.2 (British) (Clothing)
pantalones (masculine plural) anchosExample sentences
- Only a single score down and bags of attrition time still left to play.
- There is bags of power from way down the rev range and loads of poke in the middle where it is needed for safe overtaking.
- I imagined that at the end I'd have bags of information, anecdotes and observations.
- Don't you lose any time about your absolutions, - washing, you know; but just jump into a pair of bags and Wellingtons; clap a top-coat on you, and button it up to the chin, and there you are, ready dressed in the twinkling of a bed-post.
- I wear a pair of bags, a dirty sweater, and go without hat or shoes and stockings.
- 4 (unpleasant woman) [colloquial]bruja (feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Perhaps it makes me seem like an old bag, but it does feel intimidating to face a gang of people, of whatever age, with intimidating body language.
- On the news this morning, the old bag was saying that the visitor figures for the fountain had far exceeded their predictions.
- He loathed the old bag more than Liz ever did, despite sharing the same political views.
- 5 (area of interest) [slang] [dated]pop music is not my bagla música pop no es lo míoExample sentences
- Not that there's anything wrong with that - but not my bag.
- I tried a course in b/w photography, but realised it was not my bag either.
- Ostensibly, a Chinwag meeting about PR Online is simply not my bag, but an interface appears to be forming (think Star Trek) between PR and Blogging.
transitive verb present participle bagging past tense, past participle bagged
- 1 (put in bag)(rubbish/vegetables)
meter en una bolsaExample sentences
- Under protocols to protect against asbestos contamination, fire personnel and equipment had to be hosed down, while their kit was bagged up and sent for specialist cleaning.
- So, the computer's got to be moved onto a small coffee table temporarily, and my clothes are either bagged up or hung in various locations at random!
- After that, they were bagged up for shipping and stored in the freezer until a truck came to get them.
- 2 2.1 (in hunting)Example sentences2.2 (esp British) [colloquial] → bags
- The free event is open to hunters bagging white-tailed deer, mule deer, or antelope in Texas during the past year.
- Wealthy Britons pay tens of thousands to bag a lion, elephant or polar bear in trophy hunts that recreate images of a bygone colonial era
- She bagged a deer on her very first shoot, but found it more difficult when asked to go stalking alone.
intransitive verb present participle bagging past tense, past participle bagged
hacer bolsasExample sentences
- The cloak he wore bagged over his body, making his frail stature appear sturdier.
- Her jeans, partially soaked from splashing onto the street, now seemed almost like they were made for her, because as she moved they moved too, not bagging at the knees.
- I feel there is nothing wrong with bagging pants as long as your actual underwear and behind is not showing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.