Translation of barbel in Spanish:
- 1.1 (fish) barbo (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (bristle) barbillón (masculine)
- He pole-fished pellet to the trees for a mixed bag of carp, ide, barbel and chub.
- In winter it was fantastic fishing roach, chub, silver bream and slabs with the odd barbel and carp.
- The survey teams have been collecting data on the numbers of grayling, dace, barbel, chub, roach and pike in North Yorkshire.
- I have also witnessed an angler with a double figure barbel in his keepnet which was being transported along the bank so his son could take a picture.
- An early season barbel could well be on the menu if the colour that is present lingers for another day.
- And John Burrett's catch of big chub with three fish for over fifteen pounds: he also caught barbel recording seventy six in just one week.
- Sturgeon species are noted by a spindle-shaped body with five rows of bony scutes and a long snout with sensory barbels.
- White Sturgeon have been described as opportunistic feeders, feeding on the bottom with their long snouts and using their barbels to detect food.
- The epaulette shark's slender body is slightly flattened with a rounded snout, two short nasal barbels, and large spiracles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.