- 1.1 (fish) barbo (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (bristle) barbillón (masculine)
- He pole-fished pellet to the trees for a mixed bag of carp, ide, barbel and chub.
- In winter it was fantastic fishing roach, chub, silver bream and slabs with the odd barbel and carp.
- The survey teams have been collecting data on the numbers of grayling, dace, barbel, chub, roach and pike in North Yorkshire.
More example sentences
- I have also witnessed an angler with a double figure barbel in his keepnet which was being transported along the bank so his son could take a picture.
- An early season barbel could well be on the menu if the colour that is present lingers for another day.
- And John Burrett's catch of big chub with three fish for over fifteen pounds: he also caught barbel recording seventy six in just one week.
- Sturgeon species are noted by a spindle-shaped body with five rows of bony scutes and a long snout with sensory barbels.
- White Sturgeon have been described as opportunistic feeders, feeding on the bottom with their long snouts and using their barbels to detect food.
- The epaulette shark's slender body is slightly flattened with a rounded snout, two short nasal barbels, and large spiracles.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.