Translation of bare in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (barer /ˈberər; ˈbeərə(r)/, barest /ˈberəst; ˈbeərɪst/)
- 1 1.1 (uncovered) [blade/body/flesh/shoulder] desnudo; [head] descubierto; [foot] descalzo; [floorboards] sin alfombrar; [tree/branches/fields] pelado, desnudo; [wire] pelado or (Spain/España) desnudo bare from the waist up desnudo hasta la cintura, con el torso desnudo to lay sth bare poner* or dejar algo al descubierto a landscape bare of vegetation un paisaje desprovisto de vegetaciónExample sentences1.2 [walls] desnudo; [room] con pocos muebles bare of ornament sin adorno
- They shared a white sheet covering their bare body from the waist down.
- ‘I need a cup of coffee, and badly,’ he decided as he got out of bed and threw a robe on, covering his bare body.
- Fabyein's broad back was turned to her; his sun-darkened body was bare beneath the covers.
- How the trees looked so naked and bare with no coverings.
- I love to watch plants grow, covering fences and bare earth.
- Roofs seemed to jig unevenly as shingles drooped off of the edges, while many had bare spots with no covering at all.
- She opened the light green fridge, an odd colour but it was just regular by Val's standards, and rummaged through the bare contents.
- He was in a plain, bare cell with bars and the whole bit.
- Children told me of having their rooms stripped bare and the contents thrown into the corridor.
- 2 (before noun/delante del nombre) 2.1 (without details) [statement] escueto he gave me just the bare facts se ciñó estrictamente a los hechos 2.2 (mere) the bare essentials/necessities lo estrictamente esencial/necesario they have the barest majority tienen una mayoría muy escasa they earn the bare(st) minimum ganan lo justo para vivir the incident was given a bare two paragraphs el incidente apenas si mereció dos párrafosExample sentences
- For all that, the staging will be simple, a bare set putting the focus on the performers' physical presence.
- In general he eschewed complicated effects of pulsating or flashing lights, preferring a bare and simple presentation that brought him within the orbit of Minimal art.
- Nicole told Tommy that she liked the simple, bare hotel room.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- desnudar to bare one's head quitarse el sombrero, descubrirse* the dog bared its teeth el perro enseñó or mostró los dientes she bared her soul to me me abrió su corazón
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...