Translation of bare in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (uncovered)(blade/body/flesh/shoulder)(head)(foot)(floorboards)sin alfombrar(wire)bare from the waist uppelado or (Spain) desnudoto lay something baredesnudo hasta la cinturacon el torso desnudoa landscape bare of vegetationponer or dejar algo al descubiertoun paisaje desprovisto de vegetaciónExample sentences1.2
(walls)(room)bare of ornamentcon pocos mueblessin adornoExample sentences
- They shared a white sheet covering their bare body from the waist down.
- ‘I need a cup of coffee, and badly,’ he decided as he got out of bed and threw a robe on, covering his bare body.
- Fabyein's broad back was turned to her; his sun-darkened body was bare beneath the covers.
- How the trees looked so naked and bare with no coverings.
- I love to watch plants grow, covering fences and bare earth.
- Roofs seemed to jig unevenly as shingles drooped off of the edges, while many had bare spots with no covering at all.
- She opened the light green fridge, an odd colour but it was just regular by Val's standards, and rummaged through the bare contents.
- He was in a plain, bare cell with bars and the whole bit.
- Children told me of having their rooms stripped bare and the contents thrown into the corridor.
- 2 (before noun) 2.1 (without details)(statement)he gave me just the bare facts2.2 (mere) See examples: the bare essentials/necessitiesse ciñó estrictamente a los hechosthey have the barest majoritylo estrictamente esencial/necesariothey earn the bare(st) minimumtienen una mayoría muy escasathe incident was given a bare two paragraphsganan lo justo para vivirel incidente apenas si mereció dos párrafosExample sentences
- For all that, the staging will be simple, a bare set putting the focus on the performers' physical presence.
- In general he eschewed complicated effects of pulsating or flashing lights, preferring a bare and simple presentation that brought him within the orbit of Minimal art.
- Nicole told Tommy that she liked the simple, bare hotel room.
- to bare one's headthe dog bared its teethquitarse el sombrerodescubrirseshe bared her soul to meel perro enseñó or mostró los dientesme abrió su corazónExample sentences
- One of the prisoners bared his back after his initial arrest to reveal open welts allegedly caused by baton and rubber hoses.
- With Britney baring her belly every chance she gets, tummies are getting more attention than ever.
- The Comte rushed to help her, and as she seemed to be stifling, cut her bodice open with his dagger, baring her shoulder.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.