Translation of barrel in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (container) barril (masculine), tonel (masculine) a barrel of laughs we had a barrel of laughs nos divertimos muchísimo it wasn't exactly a barrel of laughs no fue lo que se dice muy divertido to be like shooting fish in a barrel (American English/inglés norteamericano) ser* pan comido [colloquial/familiar] to have sb over a barrel tener* a algn entre la espada y la pared to scrape (the bottom of) the barrel no quedarle a uno más recursos have you seen her new boyfriend? she's really scraping the barrel! ¿has visto con quién sale ahora? ¡tiene que estar muy desesperada! this channel is really scraping the bottom of the barrel solo dan basura por este canalExample sentences1.2 (measure of oil) barril (masculine)
- Transfer to a wooden barrel or similar container and leave to cool down to a temperature of around 16 degrees Celsius.
- Use what you have - rocks, broken-up concrete, logs, old metal barrels or even sawhorses.
- There were cobwebs and old wooden crates and barrels scattered carelessly about; evidently, this place had once been used for storage.
- Annual capacity would be 200,000 tonnes, equivalent to 1.7 million barrels or 1.97 million hectolitres of beer.
- The tanker Jessica - carrying some 7700 barrels of fuel - ran aground on Tuesday.
- By 1911 the Moturoa oilfield had three wells producing around 110 barrels of oil a week.
- 2 2.1 (of handgun) cañón (masculine); (of cannon) tubo (masculine) 2.2 (of pen) cañón (masculine) 2.3 (of lock) cilindro (masculine)Example sentences
- They are the Mom and Dad and kids walking to work or school while looking for a gun barrel pointed at them from a white van.
- On the shallow side of the bridge we found the C gun turret, its barrel pointed slightly down towards the deck.
- The Rakais warrior brought the heavy barrel of the rail gun to bear on the armor not more than a hundred meters from his position and pressed a small switch on the weapon's handle.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the