- Example sentences
- She was referring to the picture of me dressed in a basque, stockings, suspenders and a thong that had been circulating on everybody's mobile phone.
- Shops all over the city have been ransacked for boots, basques, garters, stockings and suspenders and other distinctly racy garments by theatre-goers determined to join in the spirit of the gender-bending theatrical phenomenon.
- He had hired a crazy wig and wore a slinky black dress, black stockings and a basque.
- the Basque languageel euskera or vasco or vascuencethe Basque Countryel País Vasco
Euskadi (masculine)Example sentences
- In these simple clubs, whose name in the ancient Basque language means ‘corner’, attendance is by invitation only.
- They sing and improvise in Euskera, the Basque language.
- The Basque language is extremely difficult and complex.
- 1 countable (person)Example sentences
- During the period of Spanish colonization, Basques from Spain had often taken administrative posts overseas.
- The distinctive Basque culture was recognized by the rulers of Castile until the nineteenth century, when the Basques ' privileges were removed by the Spanish court.
- Although the Basque country is divided between France and Spain, the Basques have maintained an identity separate from both states.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.