n (pl -ties)
- 1 1.1 u (quality) belleza (f), hermosura (f) beauty is in the eye of the beholder todo es según el color del cristal con que se mira (before n) beauty competition o contest o (AmE) pageant concurso (m) or certamen (m) de belleza beauty (care) products productos (mpl) de belleza beauty queen reina (f) de la belleza beauty treatment tratamiento (m) de belleza 1.2 c (advantage) [colloquial/familiar] the beauty of the plan/method is that … lo bueno del plan/método es que …More example sentences
- Regardless of the somewhat touristy aspect, the beauty of learning in a class environment is that it removes the male-determined version of sexy.
- The frame is usually fully expressed on the interior of the building to take advantage of the beauty of the timber frame joinery.
- Take the whole family on a walk around the neighborhood or to a trail for a hike and take advantage of the beauty of nature.
- 2 c 2.1 (woman) belleza (f), beldad (f) Beauty and the Beast la Bella y la Bestia 2.2 (fine specimen) [colloquial/familiar] preciosidad (f), preciosura (f) (AmL) , maravilla (f)More example sentences
More example sentences
- In fact, it is a beauty fished off the beach or rocks.
- The level of quality here is therefore really high, many of the items are brand name and all are beauties, in excellent condition, and timely as per current retro.
- As an architectural beauty it is one of the worst examples of its era.
- The blonde beauty will represent Ireland in the Miss Universe Beauty Pageant on June 3.
- Across the aisle, six blonde beauties also celebrating a birthday tossed their tinted manes laughed too loud and drank champagne.
- There may be a surplus of blonde beauties in Hollywood, but the ones who can act as well as look stunning are in short supply.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)