- 1.1 countable/numerable [Zoology/Zoología] escarabajo (masculine)More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (hammer) maza (f), marro (m) (Mexico/México)
More example sentences
- Among all the insects only beetles have these specialized fore-wings.
- A variety of insects, including some beetles and moths, mimic bees and wasps.
- It turns out that only some male horned scarab beetles grow long horns and battle for mates.
- Champ was prepared especially for the festival of Hallowe'en when large quantities of potatoes were pounded with a cylindrical wooden implement called a beetle.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.